25x8-12 = What? - Rototiller again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still looking for tires for this old Rototiller. Right now I'm thinking I'll have to go with an alternate tire source as I can't find any agricultural type tires for this thing. I'm not looking to spend more than $50 or so for a tire, one tractor supply place had a tire for $130 or so that might have fit it. Way too much money.

The rims are 12" diameter, 4" wide. The tires on there were made in the late '40s to early 50's. They are Goodyear 12-4 tires.

I'm thinking about trying to find an ATV tube-tire that will fit on the wheel. The number designation has me a bit confused though. 25x8-12 = 12" wheel, 25 wide (25 what? inches, cm, mm?), x8 what?

BTW the tiller is about 400 pounds. I don't have a picture though.

Quote:

I'm still looking for tires for this old Rototiller. Right now I'm thinking I'll have to go with an alternate tire source as I can't find any agricultural type tires for this thing. I'm not looking to spend more than $50 or so for a tire, one tractor supply place had a tire for $130 or so that might have fit it. Way too much money.

The rims are 12" diameter, 4" wide. The tires on there were made in the late '40s to early 50's. They are Goodyear 12-4 tires.

I'm thinking about trying to find an ATV tube-tire that will fit on the wheel. The number designation has me a bit confused though. 25x8-12 = 12" wheel, 25 wide (25 what? inches, cm, mm?), x8 what?

BTW the tiller is about 400 pounds. I don't have a picture though.

The 25 is the outside diameter of the tire in inches.

That's a fairly common size for use on modern ATVs. You might try a cycle shot that sells quads. Ask them if they have any used take-offs laying around for cheap. Probably be better that what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back