So, what are your thoughts on Motul Specific oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I used to use Motul E-tech 8100 0w-40, however, it is being phased out. When I talked to a gentleman from Motul today, he said that i should use Motul Specific 505.01/502.00/505.00, and that it was better for my car because it was specifically formulated for VW specifications. I asked him specifically if it was a Group V, and he confirmed this several times. I tried to look on Motul's website and it didn't have much. Anyone use this oil or know anything else about this oil?

i was able to find this info:

Quote:

Product Description
Designed for the Turbo Diesel

MOTUL Spec VW 505.01 502.00 505.00 5W40
Specially designed for cars which follow fixed oil drain intervals (15000 km in Europe) powered by Tdi, Turbo Diesel engines fitted with or without Unit Injector (Volkswagen PD), without Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) or gasoline engines. Suitable for any types of fuel : leaded, unleaded gasoline and diesel fuel.

APPROVALS VW 505 01 – 502 00 – 505 00 PERFORMANCE Meets FORD WSS M2C 917A requirements Official approvals of VW guarantee the quality of the product development and manufacturing process. Synthetic base stock provides outstanding lubrication properties in order to handle additional load on valve train due to unit injector actuation, minimizes friction and ensures resistance at high temperature observed in modern engines. Avoid wear on valve train in order to preserve engine performances. "Mid SAPS" technology for a better compatibility with last generation on catalytic converters. Anti-oxidation, Anti-wear, Anti-corrosion, Anti-foam properties.

Viscosity grade SAE J 300 5W-40 Density at 20°C (68°F) ASTM D1298 0.848 Viscosity at 100°C (212°F) ASTM D445 13.9 mm²/s Viscosity at 40°C (104°F) ASTM D445 84.9 mm²/s Viscosity index ASTM D2270 167 Pour point ASTM D97 419°F TBN ASTM D 2896 7.4 mg KOH/g

[Link removed.]

I really hope it's a good oil as i got a pretty good deal on a couple of them.

motul_specific_1.jpg

motul_specific_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its sounds like an improvement over the Motul Specific 505.01, which I understand is mainly Group III. You don't get clear answers on most oils. I have bought from that supplier and found them to be reliable and helpful.

Quote:

Its sounds like an improvement over the Motul Specific 505.01, which I understand is mainly Group III. You don't get clear answers on most oils. I have bought from that supplier and found them to be reliable and helpful.

can anyone confirm that it's a Group V? THe only thing i could find is that it has synthetic base stock, which means that it has to be at least a Group IV right?

Motul 8100 Eco energy 5W-30 is a Group V oil, it's 100% syn and can be used in most lastest engines

but i would give a try on the X-lite 0W-30, it replaces the already so good E-lite 0W-40

the only reason for me not using motul most of the time is the price...while Amsoil offer similar protection for less money...but for Racing i will use Motul for sure

I went 50-50 mix 5w-30 Eco-nergy and 5w-30 300V car runs smooth. 07 Honda Civic Si. Only a UOA will tell, I will get to BITOG after a 5,000 change. Here is another Motul link which is easier then Motul.com. Read info on ester base.

http://motul-canada.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back