Just swithced oil. Clutch feels grabby & cluncky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did my 600 miles first oil change. It had factory oil in it. I put Honda HN4S full synthetic 4 stroke oil in it with a Honda OEM oil filter. I rode it about 3 miles and had to take her home to take family out to dinner. But it felt alittle grabby and cluncky. I think it just needs more miles on it for the new oil to get feeling right. I remember when I first got the BIKE Honda 919 that it felt the same way till I got 100 or so miles on it and it smoothed out and felt good going through the gears/tranny. Well im off on a 40 mile mountain /curvy ride. I will report back later. Cheers WarDawg

All 919's and Honda's are somewhat cluncky on first and second.
When I switched from Valvoline to M1 it got worse but got somewhat better after 300 miles.
I do pre load a bit before shifting and it works to a degree.

I just got back from a 60 mile ride. It got smoother after the oil got up to temp. I agree with the 1st and 2nd gear having that clunky feeling.Question about changing your oil filter. The book says to torque it to the specs in the owners manual . I have a standard style Torque wrench. Can't get it in there to use it. I just put the filter on hand tight and then put the socket style filter wrench back on it and turned it a little more. I guess that was good anough. I did torque the drain bolt to the specs also.Cheers Wardawg

You are fine with the filter torque. That is exactly what I do, hand tight and torque it a bit. Honda torque spec is way over head and if you follow the spec you are going to have to tear the filter apart to get it off.
919's are very tight and it takes time and miles to smooth them out. Enoy the ride. What an amazing bike it is the 919.

I got a little late start on the back roads in the mountains I like to ride. I got hung up behind fokes on nearly every route I took. I normally leave early enough that don't happen. First was some Harley guys with wifes on back. Out of respect for the lady's I just stayed behind them and let them cruise. Next was a 70 Chevy truck and I blew by him on a long straight away. When I backed off I was over 115. . It felt good. The 919 is faster than I thought it was actually. But will say after an hour of riding my butt is numb and a little sore. But I found that to be the same with a sportster 1200 and a Honda 1100 I use to own. Alot of get up and go in that 919...It's quick. Cheers WarDawg

110 was the top I did a couple of times all in burst.
It is a risky thing on road with cars and unknown surface condition. But I agree 919 is truely an agile and fast bike and does everything so effortlessly which is scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back