Civic tire recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grip and cheap is Kumho ASX. Very nice ride too....for a lil Civic is a big plus. I'd shoot for a upsized 195/65-15 for the best result and longer wear. Lish some tires in your price range and someone here can help you sort through them. Firestones are not hard to beat.

I've looked at BFG. Traction T/A, Bridgestone G009 and Hankook H418. Would seriously look at Michelin but tire selector sends me to the BFG. How much would going to a 195 change the speedometer?

Some guys like Kumho KH-16 too, maybe less of a performance tire.
imo, one of the best all-around tires is Yokohama TRZ. Wear at 700 and pretty awesome in ALL respects. Not cheap but well worthwhile.

The 195 is the width. The profile (as a % of the width) is lower at 60 vs 65, so the overall diameter varies only slightly. Only extreme changes affect the speedometer. Put the 2 sizes side-by-side and you will definately want the beefier size. I'll look at the brand selections now.

G-009s have a higher load rating than BFGs. Not a big deal, probally a better built tire though.

ASX are $46, nice
General Altimax are worth a shot, they are new. I use the General Exclaims now, pretty awesome. Made in France by Conti.
TRZ are $63 and would be my pick from eperience and the fact that is not a lot of $ for a great tire.

H4S are $65, more performance, wear is still good at 500 but not good in snow.

The size change is a DEFINATE. You can't go wrong with any of these, almost all are reviewed right here on this forum.

Thanks Auto
cheers.gif

OMG, I'm really sorry but made a mistake. I meant to switch to a 195/60-15 not another 65. This is a common upgrade as many cars list both sizes. Sorry again.

Quote:

I was doing some searching....the Yokohama Avid H4S looks like a winner.

I put those on the company Sentra in size 195/60/15. Definitely a nice tire although I'm sure there are many others.

I had 195/60/15 Avid H4s' for a bit - good tires, but I actually preferred the hard to find Nitto NT460 - all performance seemed the same, but the Nittos were asymmetrical and gave 1 MPG better. I'm now on a set of Sumitomo HTR H4s from Tire Rack (best price around for this performance and size) and am happy. I don't like directional tires though, after my H4s - just seems like you can get a little bit more life with a proper four wheel rotation pattern.

edit: HTR H4 are still $48/ea at tirerack. I don't think that can be beat for performance/cost for an econo-commuter car. My mom got over 60k miles out of her Sumitomo Srixon4 (seem like the predecessor to the HTR H4), if you're worried about treadwear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back