Mercedes CLS55 AMG Mobil 5w-40 ESP 5500 miles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is oil sample from my CLS55 with no make up oil. It has had regular oil changes approx. every 5K since new. This is the first oil analysis.

CLS55-1-2.jpg

17K from the Blackstone report, Pablo. I'm not buying the Blackstone "new engine" mantra. This oil was placed in service at 11,500 miles, and there were two oil changes previous to this.

I think your Amsoil Euro 5W-40 would do much better in this supercharged beast.

Interesting. The supercharging probably strains the bearings more than the normally fed engine. The silicon value is high. If its dirt rather than sealant, then that could be a large factor in the #'s.

Still, M1 just doesn't come in with the greatest wear #'s. It would also be interesting to see how Shell Rotella T Synthetic would do. I think the ZDDP levels are not much higher than your current oil and the base chemistry is similar to Castrol's 5w-40 distributed in Europe from what I understand.

Quote:

My problem is if Mercedes would allow me to bring my own oil without messing with my warranty.

Brother, you have one of Mercedes flagship cars. I suspect they would jump if you ask them to. Become friendly with your service adviser, the shop foreman and your tech. I bring mine bottles of wine from time to time to show my appreciation. They will have zero problems with you bringing your own oil if it is Mercedes approved. Since I've discussed oil analysis with my shop, they have no problem with whatever I bring in.

Quote:

Quote:

My problem is if Mercedes would allow me to bring my own oil without messing with my warranty.

Brother, you have one of Mercedes flagship cars. I suspect they would jump if you ask them to. Become friendly with your service adviser, the shop foreman and your tech. I bring mine bottles of wine from time to time to show my appreciation. They will have zero problems with you bringing your own oil if it is Mercedes approved. Since I've discussed oil analysis with my shop, they have no problem with whatever I bring in.

How can i find out which oils are approved by MB?

If this engine has Alusil bores, could Si in the UOA be an indication of bore wear?

Quote:

If this engine has Alusil bores, could Si in the UOA be an indication of bore wear?

Sure could. But it could be an additive too. A VOA on the oil would help quite a bit in the interpretation. If it is Alusil, break-in bore wear should be substantially complete by this UOA period. Any additional silicon that does not come through the cylinders could be a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back