Fuel additives = increased engine wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently started using MMO in my 2000 Tundra V-8 with 134K miles. I add it to the fuel tank at every fill-up as per the directions and have found it to quiet the fuel injectors considerably. It's not too expensive to use, and seems to do what I want it to do. I don't ever plan to use it in the crankcase though. No noticeable improvement in MPG yet. Getting the ethanol out of the gas would help MPG though. Techron did not quiet injectors at all for me.

Quote:

I recently started using MMO in my 2000 Tundra V-8 with 134K miles. I add it to the fuel tank at every fill-up as per the directions and have found it to quiet the fuel injectors considerably. It's not too expensive to use, and seems to do what I want it to do. I don't ever plan to use it in the crankcase though. No noticeable improvement in MPG yet. Getting the ethanol out of the gas would help MPG though. Techron did not quiet injectors at all for me.

I don't think Techron will quiet the injectors any because I do not belive it has any lubercants in it.

Have you had any probs with ur tundra? I have a 02 V6 model (SR5) and I love it.
cheers.gif

I run Power Service in my Dodge Cummins- it gives me the best fuel mileage of most of the additives out there and it cleans as well- my truck being city driven needs it.

Quote:

I run Power Service in my Dodge Cummins- it gives me the best fuel mileage of most of the additives out there and it cleans as well- my truck being city driven needs it.

Sounds like it must work. Have you ever tried MMO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back