Mobil vs. Pennzoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertised specials running locally: Mobil Clean 5000 $1.49/qt, Pennzoil Conventional $1.29 per quart. Any advantages/disadvantages to either? Thinking about stocking up on 5W20 and 5W30.

I'm not a Mobil fan but I like the product that Pennzoil puts out. Given those choices, Pennzoil all the way.

Quote:

Advertised specials running locally: Mobil Clean 5000 $1.49/qt, Pennzoil Conventional $1.29 per quart. Any advantages/disadvantages to either? Thinking about stocking up on 5W20 and 5W30.

Advantage to Pennzoil, in the amount of 0.20 per quart.
wink.gif

Mobil Clean 5000 has 16% more cleaning additives than required for the minimum SM/GF-4/etc. hurdles - this helps Mobil make their 5000 mile guarantee claim to be unique in the marketplace.

Pennzoil.
approved.gif

Don't get caught up in Marketing. Pennzoil is one of the best consistant performing oils out there.

Plus its cheaper.
banana.gif

I've had excellent success with Pennzoil and continue to use it.

The Mobil 5000 has salt (sodium) in it which will make reading UOAs for coolant harder.

Take care, Bill
patriot.gif

I am not a fan of the high sodium in Mobil either plus the whole Pennzoil line produces some of the best uoa's. I have Pennzoil in my sump right now and no complaints here.

Quote:

This one's a no-brainer -- Pennzoil yellow bottle. Real nice UOAs can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back