Bigger version of Purolator PL-14459

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know a bigger version of a Purolator PL-14459? This is on a small 2.0 liter engine. I'm planning on running longer drain intervals on Schaeffers 7000, and want a larger filter for peace of mind.

Here's some pics of them:

p9020137sn0.jpg

p9020136ai6.jpg

Oh and also, i'd be willing to sell some of them if you want. I over-purchased and have a few to spare. Let me know if you're interested
smile.gif

Will do. I'll have to look at Sears soon. Also stop by some auto parts stores on a forlorn hope.

The Wix 51344 is the same size as the PP 24458 which is no longer available. Some one on BITOG has pointed out that while this filter is the same size as the 24458, tha beta ratio may not be as good. Check the Wix web site to see the specs.

Or... You could use an M20x1.5 to 3/4x16 adapter and then you could use the easy to find Motorcraft FL400S (Purolator's 20195 if i recall). This is probably one of the most common filters on the planet. I've been using this 'adapter' on my '97 Subaru since I discovered the adapter. I can't find my original post about it. It's a Mopar part# and it was less than $10. Anyone know what may be wrong w/ the search? I can't find ANY of my old posts. It was called something like "more choices with cheap adapter".

Dave

I forgot to mention that I also used the oversized Purolator L-20073 (WIX 51347) on a Honda - M20x1.5 application with ZERO leaks.

Thanks for all the help, everybody!

LT4, I will have to give the L-20073 a good hard look next time I am shopping for a filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back