UFA Polar Plus 0W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone mentioned a while back that this was the same as Esso XD3, just repackaged.
deadhorse.gif
again, but does anyone have any confirmation that this is so? I am starting to buy my fuel, lubricants and filters at UFA and I really like XD3 0W40 hence my question. I tried emailing Esso, but no answer.
Thanks

Hello D-Roc, yes, absolutely the UFA Polar syn oil IS XD3. If you go to the UFA counter the attendant has a cross reference oil book on UFA oils and the source of any of thier particular oil sold. I have seen this book, under the Polar UFA specs in this book it shows specifically that Polar is XD3 (blue label with polar bear on it). I find UFA pricing reasonable, the price is around $24.00 for 5 litres O-30 and about $26.00 for 5 litres 0-40. Yu do get five litre jugs rather than Esso packaging of 4 litre. Carefull though, you will pay about $1.00 more per litre if buying separate 1 litre bottles under UFA bottling of XD3. I now use UFA Polar XD3 because our Esso bulk station locally is shut down, same stuff. Good luck, Cyprs

Quote:

I find UFA pricing reasonable, the price is around $24.00 for 5 litres O-30 and about $26.00 for 5 litres 0-40. You do get five litre jugs rather than Esso packaging of 4 litre.

How does that compare with Esso XD-3? A lot cheaper, a little cheaper, or about the same?

My local Esso bulk station has shut down so I go to UFA, I always did find Esso XD3 to be about $.50 litre less but at Esso one had to buy in 12 litre flats or in cases of {4} 4 litre jugs or 20 litre pails, Esso would not sell per single litre or single 4 litre jug, XD3 under UFA labelling sells by litre or single jug, little more convenient if not needing bulk stock of oil. Allan5oh's esso pricing above reflects very close to UFA's in price per litre.

Cyprs

Hey Cyprs, Is the Super 15W40 also repackaged XD3 15W40? How does XD3 15W40 stack up as far as wear goes during warmer months?
canada.gif

FYI,

Most Wal-mart's carry XD-3 0w-40. Their pricing is likely better than UFA.

UFA is good for finding Chevron products as well.

Is Super 15-40 UFA oil, in assuming that it is I dont know, but if you ask the UFA people behind the counter they should have the cross reference book on who makes the UFA Super 15-40, in Medicine Hat UFA they are accomodating in pulling out this book and showing me who makes their oils.

With 15-40 XD3 in summer I was getting iron readings of 5 ppm on 5k kms OCIs, in winter with 0-40 XD3 syn with use of heat pad on sump and block heater I was getting 7 ppm on 5k kms OCIs. This year I am getting an oil filter heater from Wolverine, that should greatly help too.

Last fall I started using Lubecorp Powertrain Oil Conditioner in all my crankcases, auto and manual trannys, differentials and powersteering pumps. One only adds 30 mil per 1 litre host fluid, once all trannys, pumps and difs etc are treated they never get treated again until the host fluid gets changed. One adds 30 mil per litre oil every OCI. This is NOT Snake Oil, it is used by Fracmaster, trucking fleets, farmers , ranchers, oil patch on millions and millions of dollars worth equiptment in full trust and fully guaranteed by the company Lubecorp who has made this product since 1983, they have a full guaranteed 2 million dollar insurance on any malfunction from their product and they have never used it todate in 24 years.

It is sold in Co-ops and UFA in Alberta and made in Calgary, it is high concentrate and worth about 27 dollar per litre, only use 3% ratio. www.lubecorp.com or ca. Look under products.

My 16 son who has no interest in mechanics, motors or oil said this after I put this stuff in his 94 Olds with 175k. "Dad, my car now drives like a fish being pulled through water effortlessly gliding" I extend oil drains too and that saves lots of money on oci compared to the $2.50 investment in POC on 4 litre oci, it works, winter starts have NO drag cold without block heater, reduces heat (less friction) gas mileage increase (especially with the Lubecorp Super Gas Plus which stabilizes gas, increases reg gas from 87 oct to 92+ in a 2 mil to 1 litre gas ratio, it also lubricates all pumps etc and cleans, anti freeze to -60F) increased my sons chev from 33 mpg to 38 mpg with oil treatment and gas treatment at min cost, mileage done on gallons consumed and miles traveled.

This stuff is proven in industrial use, companies buy this stuff by barrels, 20 litre pails and at Med Hat Co-op it is bought $600.00 at one visit by fleet owners etc, Lubecorp sell alot of this product and it is used on millions dollars of equiptment, that is why I use it. It is a little know secret on market because Lubecorp is run off its feet selling in bulk to industrial companies who maintain millions in equiptment, the Lubecorp chemist told me they have no time to hit the retail market, they stick to local Co-0p and UFA due to ease of access for Lubecorp, this is a sleeper product in retail but used industrially on huge fleets etc.

D-Roc, I am rambling here, I have been silent on this additve because I know what people in hear think of snake oil and I dont need the flaming, but I let cat out of bag now, I can send you information from the chemist at Lubecorp with pdf files on this stuff, the net offer vague descriptions. This stuff is the real thing, it does what it says in my full years experience, I am doing some analysis this fall.

The drivetrain gets effortless, does not feel like it is working, rather glides with more power, I have many people using it in my area, they all concur the same, they all extend oci and say the POC does not stop working no matter how long they extend the oci. Have to try it to believe it, take out the chev wine from a chev auto tranny, immmediate quiets down an engine, and immediately you feel the effortless glide and it stays. I believe in this, it is in every thing I drive or use including all yard equipt from briggs and stratton to a cummins, the effortless glide and easy effortless starts are always there no matter what the temp and they run cool in heat. for all it is worth, I am not out to sell this stuff or make anyone use it, just passing on something I discovered, researched and use, it is for real IMO and experience.

Cyprs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back