How much additive to ad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! My question is.... How much gas additives per bottle/maufacturer, are we supposed to use? NAPA has Macks complete feul system treatment, 15 oz botle treasts 20 gallons... my neon holds 11.4 gallons of 87 empty. Would i use the whole bottle then? or half of it? 75% maybe?
Most additives say treats up too 21 gallons, so should one run an entire bottle, even if gas tank is half the 21 gallons?
crushedcar.gif

The labels usually has the catch phrase: "up to 20 gallons" or similar wiggle words.
In some cases, a bottle will only treat 12 gallons(small Techtron)and people won't catch that and they short change the treatment and blame the additive.

Interesting info... I had a feeling something was up like that. One additive, stp gas treatment, if i use more than whats prescribed, of that stuff, it causes my neon to stumble bad and oil light goes on. Stop using it, and everything goes back to normal. One time i dumped a whole 12 oz bottle of stp gas treatment in, one of the worst drivin experinces of my life, car nearly made it to work for 3 days. Let tank go emtpy, refilled al went back to normal. Not one other additive(ive used many) did that.
SO! Dump the entire bottle in, is the way to go, thanks:)

IVe used lucas UCL exclusively for 8 or 9 months, and went through the half gallon sized one. Smoother operation, but not as good as MMO. Also, when adding lucas Ucl to my gas in winter, my car hesitates a little at startup. I thought UCL was not that strong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back