MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used Marvel Mystery Oil sucked into the manifold via the vacuum line. And what where your results?
beer2.gif

Well, I've done MMO through my PCV valve before. Lots of smoke, but hard to say if it did any substantial cleaning but heck, MMO is cheap, give it a go and put some in your gas tank too.

I started using MMO recently in my Tundra gas tank according to the instructions on the bottle. It has significantly quieted the fuel injectors on my 134K mile V-8 engine. I'm impressed. I hope it doesn't have a similar propensity to leach lead from my bearings like Techron fuel additive did though.

Quote:

I started using MMO recently in my Tundra gas tank according to the instructions on the bottle. It has significantly quieted the fuel injectors on my 134K mile V-8 engine. I'm impressed. I hope it doesn't have a similar propensity to leach lead from my bearings like Techron fuel additive did though.

I have read reports of Diesel Kleen also causing high lead count, supposedly taking it from the lower bearings.

Fuel additive causes lead pulling from bearings? please explain. Maybe if the oil is being diluted significantly by fuel due to leaking injectors or?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back