PP 5w30 Euro Spec - Retailers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis,

I'm actually running the North American Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30. I bought a 6-pack of it back a while ago at my local Checker's when I could purchase it for $0.99/quart after rebate. I figured I'd try it in the STi to see if I notice any difference in seat-of-the-pants "feel", and also see how a UOA looks in comparison to GC.

The oil does "feel" thinner to me, as the engine seems a bit more willing to rev. It also seems to make the engine slightly louder, although that is a bit hard to judge as the STi is a very noisy car between tire whine, transmission whine, etc. At this point in time I'm planning on running the oil for 5,000 miles and then drain it and send it off to Blackstone. But I may decide to drain it early if I notice anything odd with the oil (like increased consumption).

-Andy

Quote:

I think from previous discussions you might want to try Napa or your local Jiffy Lube franchise.

Really? The Shell rep I talked to was looking through his data base and had said that retail quarts weren't on the market but that I might be able to find 55g (and then gave a few leads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back