ZDDP supplement

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best buy on additives would have to be SLOB. It can still be found for 1-2 bucks a bottle and various VOAs indicate the stuff is slam full of goodies. I bought a ton of the stuff and don't even use it but the price was right and I could not resist.
dunno.gif
It would be great for someone with a flat-tappet small block that they have modified with stiffer springs and a stout cam.

See me for SLOB!
thumbsup.gif

I was having this discussion with my brother last week. He's a big M1 user in his 502 Chevelle, and after doing his research, he's sticking with M1 and boosting it with a bottle of STP 4-cylinder oil treatment in the red bottle. It's got more Z & P than the regular STP and isn't as thick as the blue bottled molasses. It'd add somewhere between 200-300ppm of ZDDP to your batch, which should get us flat tappet guys to that magical 1200ppm goal. Trouble is, the red bottle STP is hard to find. We picked some up through autobarn.com. When I change out my Corvair's oil next Spring (M1 15w-50), I thought I'd mix in the red bottled STP with a 5qt jug of the M1 and get a VOA done to see how close that 1200ppm is.

This may be an old site for some of you, but there's a good read here from LN Engineering, mainly relating to Porsches, but still some good info on VOAs and the whole ZDDP thing. ZDDP Stuff
patriot.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back