Spicer's Diesel Fuel Lubricity Additive Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, most of this discussion on the perils of ULSD has been very "what if." A bunch of hand-wringing on what COULD happen. I'm still waiting to hear details on the "rash" of injection system failures with our transition to ULSD. When I Google the topic, I see a lot of "Uncle Joe told me" kinda things but very little that gets by the Bovine Scatology Detector or that is based on a modecum of science. That doesn't mean it isn't happening, but I'm not seeing a hue and cry. I'm beginning to think that this will be a smooth transition, just like it was to LSD. If someone can point me to verifiable crash and burn trends somewhere, I'd be grateful for the heads up. There are some good aspects to ULSD too. I've been enjoying less smoke! My DI non-turbo tractor is so quiet now that one of my neighbors mistook it for a gasser! I haven't seen a loss of MPG (outside the margin of error anyway) or seat of the pants power in any of the old school diesels I have been running on ULSD. For me, after a bit over a year, so far, so good. There's a discussion on BITOG on the military's use of jet fuel in diesels and how it's worked out pretty well. Wouldn't you call Jet fuel ULSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back