Amsoi Pi and Techron

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added the new version of Amsoil Pi to my wife's 2006 Honda Pilot last week and she is about half-way through the treated tank of gas. I notice a very definite change in the motor. It seems a bit more smooth during idle. I don't know if fuel economy will improve just yet, but I feel that the Pi is worth the money.

How do Pi and Techron compare? Does Pi offer any advantages over Techron concentrate?

It's hard to prove a product's effectiveness in comparison since you rarely have any two injectors at the same level of "unclean".

I've had cleaners show distinct before:after drivability differences ..especially with Regane. The effect was only present in open loop driving ..and the PCM resettled the gains to transparent in a short time ..but it did mark the cleaning process.

That is, you may not see any measurable improvement in fuel economy after cleaning your injectors ..but if you could view the long or short term adaptive cells in your PCM, you would probably see the compensation factors retreating to normal.

Probably something like FP is the best way to manage this. You're treating as you go. No build up to be heavily treated/cleaned. It's just very cumbersome to add additives every tankful. Sure, you can come up with neat ways to carry your 4oz bottle ..etc..etc. It's fine if you're always the person doing the fill up ...and you're always keeping your dose on hand for a fill up. This makes the one shot cleaning a favorable alternative for many. I'm one of them. As much as I like to tinker ...it's not in my scheme to do incremental adds. If I could rig a drip device that would infuse FP into the fuel system on a metered basis ...(imagine the cost
shocked.gif
) ..great...but otherwise, a bottle of PI every 6 months is a practical and sensible alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back