Lead: Copper: 207
Tin: Silver: Silicon: 9
Boron: Potassium: Moly: Phosphorus: 1627
Zinc: 1751
Calcium: 3707
Barium: Magnesium: 17
Antimony: 523
Vanadium: Chlorinated Compounds: 300
(Or may have an inactive Sulfur Ester as indicated below, which can interfere with chlor test)

Vis @ 40C: 95.06
Vis @100C: 16.7
VI : 191

You are the man too bruce381!!!
bowdown2.gif

I just might have them brew this package into a 0w20.
stirthepot.gif

WOW! That is one heck of a package. Lots of detergent and anti wear.

Antimony is an anti-wear or friction modifier?? It's been talked about here quite a bit!
Can you please explain the chlorinated compund deal in simpler terms??
Also isn't copper a friction modifier and antiwear add?

Probably one of the most exciting VOAs we've ever seen here!

Thanks a lot bruce!

Thanks for the explanation Mola!
All we need to know now is if the other weights have the same package.

Don't use this oil with a catalyst!
smile.gif

I wonder the wisdom of a copper antioxidant. When it breaks down watch the oil go down fast, or rather you wouldn't want to mix this stuff with other oils. Starts as a SAE 50, barely. I can indeed see this oil doing well with fuel dilute, but long drains may be a different story.

Isn't chlorine, or any chlorinated bi-product, bad for engines? Isn't that why we DON'T recommend DuraLube here....?

There is NO Chlorinated anything in BIOSYN.

As I mentioned in the other thread bruces admits "maybe" because he does not know what all the chemistry is and unless he breaks out the chem species he won't.

bruces testing post and comment was not fair to RLI BIOSYN as it casts a needless shadow to those who do not understand the data or the limitations on G-C lubricants testing lab. That being most of the non professional readers here.

Again, if you know anything about Dyson Analysis or my consult service, I would never recommend CP products in a IC engine unless PURE racing application and then the fluid would be changed frequently and inhibited well.

CP doesn't even test well in our own internal studies for racing applications.

The fact that oxidation, TAN is low and stable, and TBN retention are exceptional even in longer drains, prove that CP is not a part of the formula. If there was CP in it I would not have chosen to use it. Period.

Pablo as I said in the other thread the tests are showing higher "levels" than I tested in development.

Posting inaccurate data and then commenting on inaccurate data leaves you with inaccurate conclusions.

If you want long stable lubricant use, low wear, lower than any other formula in our testing then consider the product. If you are nervous about it watch my customers and I use it and come in later, once you are convinced.
smile.gif

Terry

""bruces testing post and comment was not fair to RLI BIOSYN as it casts a needless shadow to those who do not understand the data or the limitations on G-C lubricants testing lab.""

Give me a break if my data is flawed then post more.

""or the limitations on G-C lubricants testing lab.""

Now you are being unfair I do not want my name or comapny splashed about please respect that!

Also I do not remember you taking a lab tour.

And the only limitation I have is interest or sample size to do more work on this or any other project.

And I was Fair testing for unkowns with the sample I had.

ALL data points are looked at right or wrong I did say "may have" and "interference"

Perhaps my wording to a poster here would have been a BETTER way to say it

"Or may have an inactive Sulfur Ester or other unkown additives which may interfere with the chlor test."

My Coments again are accurate to what I saw and with small limited sample size and my experience with industrial and auto oils.

My coments are accurate based on what I saw.

Conventional HDEO add pak.
With added Copper (Oleate/Naphanate?) as a AO
With added Antimony (Van Lube 73?) as a AW/FM
Maybe Added Chlorinated paraffin as a AW/EP
Maybe Added Sulfur Ester as a FM

I also said "I have no problem with this oil and will wait to see how it works in the long run"

If I had a concern with any of the the additives I think are there I would say so I do like a full add pak like this, though saying this oil is "Inherently Bio Degradable" is not completely accurate IMHO due to Copper, Zinc and Antimony all of which are toxic to micro organisums.

bruce

Okay, this is just my humble opinion on this. This thread should be shut down now. Terry and bruce should either PM each other, email each other, or call each other and work this out between the two of them.

No more speculation on any other members part as this could cause a fude and us to loose two of the finest members, supporters, and posters whe have.

Again, that's just my opinion.

To add to Johnny's post above, I would say that also if you have specific questions that you would like answered about this particular blend of RLI, call them up. Jackie is more than willing to answer questions on their product. Now granted, the VOA gives us more of the technical specs than she will confess to, but at least now we know that it is a mighty fine lubricant with newer and more interesting technologies included in the package.

I'm going to use them for my next OC, if that says anything about it...

Bruce, I have no problem with your analysis or accepting your "maybes" about it. My problem that coined the "unfair" comment was that someone who is not trained just looked at your data/comments and asks about CP being bad for engines assuming/intimating the formula contains them, it does not.

I want to clarify what you have already said,this is the data you collected (graciously) and that you have questions about the results. For the untrained reader to assume all these "maybes" are conclusive is inaccurate.

I accept your data, I just don't agree with it nor do I care about defending or picking it apart. I want the RLI formula to get a fair shake thats all and I certainly have no hard feelings from this end.

I do not understand why you do not want you or your companies lab name used, that was the lab source wasn't it? I apologize for naming your company and ask the mods to remove that reference, indeed I do not want to harm or disclose needlessly.

You'll have to ask RLI about biodegradability, my focus is on performance and using bio sourced additives and base oils chemistries. The time to molecular breakdown of the chemistry in the open means little to me. I need an effective lube to handle RPM and aromatics and we successfully executed that lube.

My intention was not to irritate you. I do enjoy open exchange when I can engage. I cannot discuss proprietary nature of the formula but RLI and Garmiers are very open, not to mention the add pack is patented.

Terry

When figuring in VOA and blending accuracies, the numbers to me look very similar to the data sheet.
VOA and datasheets are not worth arguing. Its just comparison data.

Terry, thanks for bringing RLI forward. I've mention them several times in the past 7 years and always got the full brute force of the anti-mazola engine oil crowd.

Bruce, thanks for VOA. The data is needed for those that decide to run this oil. Your opinions are always greatly appreciated.

Johnny, a veggie motor oil also will cause your pension to disappear.

To me, this looks like a race oil with needed additives used by the daily driver. So, for those of you that worry about silly things like catalytic life, don't bother running it. But, if you eliminate wear and oil consumption with a superior oil, why worry?

Knowing the copper/silicon levels will also eliminate fear when someone uses it and posts their 1st UOA.

Too bad veggetable based oils aren't pushed. We give tax credits and funding for just about everything. A simple tax credit on the per quart purchases, and foreign sourced motor oil would be greatly reduced.

Ethanol--overfunded and tax credited
Butanol--seriously neglected
Biodiesel--see butanol
Hydrogen--overrated
Hybrid--overrated and tax credited
Vegetable based fluids/lubes--see butanol
Synthetic fluids--about time
Diesel--ignored
Short term narrow minded lobby funded politicans run this country poorly. Maybe we'll wake up with the (*&% hits the fan. Billion$ and many lives wasted and we're still fast asleep.

Sterlinggrade, Agromgt's AMG2000...... have all but disappeared. They used to produce vegetable based motor oils. Hopefully, RLI gains some business caused by this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back