Castrol Tection Extra vs. Rotella, and Delo 15W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you guys hold Rotella, and Delo in high reguard. But what about Tection Extra? I never hear anything about castrol HDEO on this board. Which oil has the most Robust add pack?
Is there anyone who uses it? and Why? I will primarally be using it in my small engines, but I will also be using it in my dad's '65 GTO, as the level of ZDDP has gone down in the GTX 20w50 that he has been running. The car gets an Oil Change once a year, it never gets more that 700 miles a season. It sits most of the year in the garage. It has a 1970 Pontiac 400 CID Small Block, and it gets an AC Delco Filter.

Thanks,
Justin

Its a very good oil, just make sure you don't purchase the newer spec oil for 2007 diesels. Castrol blends some very excellent oils....and the Tection is no exception. Plus the gurgle free oil spout is kinda nifty
coffeetime.gif

Delo does have a pretty robust additive pack, and Rotella produces some pretty outstanding UOA's. I choose Delo due to the Moly and Boron- seems to work better for me. As far as Castrol goes, I don't use their products too much anymore. I certainly wouldn't worry about using any of their CI4+ oils, however.

I'm running some Tection Extra 15W-40 CI-4+ in a diesel generator engine now. Normally I would use Delo but only the new CJ stuff is available locally. As I'm still using up my supply of high sulfur diesel fuel, I thought the Castrol in CI-4+ would be more appropriate.

Even thought the levels of ZDDP are lower in the CJ rated oils, there's still plenty there. I'm using Delo 15W-40 in my old Alfa Romeo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back