where can pp euro 5/40 be found?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive never seen the stuff. ive been to wally, pep boys, kragens, auto zone and maybee a few other stores.

I found it at some mom and pop car parts shop. The price was over $6 per quart last year. To my best knowledge, none of the chains carries the 5W-40 here in the SF Bay Area.

I don't like creating conflicts here - showing web addresses with rival sponsors on-board - so I PM folks needing help on oil purchase whereabouts.

Last edited:
Quote:

Google search the following:

"Oil Store"

You'll find a link there to follow.

And don't inadvertently click on the link for the Olive Oil Store. That could be a terrible mistake.

5ltr_can.jpg

I'll take good olive oil, roasted peppers and some bread over any oil out there. LOL.

VD, I think the 5W30 is relatively new. So best shot would be aforementioned 5W40 sources. Oil Store price seemed good for an exotic.

Pepboys is running a PP QS sale/rebate thru Sept 1 for $1.99 and they seem to have broadest selection for me but I don't expect to find it there.

You could see if they would order then if they honor sale with ordered product.

Last edited:
I am glad I was able to register so that I could contribute. I needed to find some euro for the first driver's rebate and called around to every auto parts store in town asking if they could order pp euro 5w40, even napa. All turned me down. Called Jiffy Lube and they had some in stock that they were willing to sell by the quart. Picked up 9 quarts for my Porsche at 4.99 a quart.

I had to order mine off the internet. No one had any around me and I went to ALL the well known outlets. I use it in my wife's Volvo.

what about the 5w-30 euro???

Ive not been able to determine if the 30 or 40 euro meet the GM - LL specs.

JMH

I am telling you guys, try calling your local Jiffy Lube, I was shocked they had some, and at such a great price as well.

Shell has a list of local distributors on their website
and usually these guys can get you either Pennzoil or Quaker State Euro for around $28 a case. If you are really
lucky they will even deliver it to you free instead of
ship if you live in a major city

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back