Lucas UCL gas milage test and review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this same chemical is present in all gasolines made today although the quantity may vary between brands. However it must be present as mandated by the Feds. I believe. Your just adding more of the chemical that's present.

Currently I've been experimenting with this product in my old 89' Camry 4 cylinder and it does make a difference after adding a couple bottles and a months time. With a engine that has an easy 222K on it needs every bit of help it can get. Yes, my MPG did get better also. I haven't measured the results yet but in a couple months I'm trying it in my 01' Durango on my annual trip to Arizona. With any hope I should/hope to get better than 21.2 MPG using the overhead computer as a guide.

Durango

15.55 MPG and a whopping 16.06 for the last two tank fulls. Clearly something is going on, but I don't necessarily think UCL is giving me better gas milage as opposed to there is no doubt it is helping the engine break in. It has been a steady increase as opposed to just being a higher number and staying there. I think it's clear that an effective upper cylinder lube creates less friction in the engine, and in the case of a new motor that clearly translates to better MPG, in my case by a lot. What else could it be? I am going to stop UCL for a few tanks and see what happens. I'm not going to keep track for two tankfulls, but then I'll report what I get on the third tank of straight gas. I'll be done with the experiment after that.

Sum up my results-
First straight gas only trip that I monitored (The only tank that included a lot of freeway miles)
13.76 miles, I think a good comparison would be to take 2mpg off for an apple to apple comparison, thoughts? I had many straight gas trips before this one but I didn't calculate MPG's. I'm a little bummed because I think it would have been useful to have more than one MPG on straight gas before these UCL results.

My UCL tanks have went up everytime, all pretty much city miles too-
1 tank-12.12 mpg
2 tank-13.85 mpg
3 tank-14.90 mpg (Added MMO too this tank)
4 tank-15.55 mpg
5 tank-16.06 mpg

I'm pretty excited to see what happens over the life of this engine with Lucas in the fuel. Like I said I'm going to run a couple straight gas tanks to see what's up, but this test is definitely shocking me. All gas was gotten from the same Chevron station. Air conditioner always on first setting.

No doubt, I am planning on testing my wifes car to see if there is any gains with a thoroughly broken in motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back