Q HorsePower 5W-30 is ACEA 5 rated

Status
Not open for further replies.
No expert but I look for A3 rating on a _W30 such as QS 5W30 Euro, M1 10W30 High Mileage, or Maxlife Synth 5W30.

I think of A5 similair to A1, common but not a given for _W30 synth.

I'm 'hoping' the Q-HP line is based on Shell's XHVI base oil, GrpIII.

Last edited:
Quote:

No expert but I look for A3 rating on a _W30 such as QS 5W30 Euro, M1 10W30 High Mileage, or Maxlife Synth 5W30.

I think of A5 similair to A1, common but not a given for _W30 synth.

I'm 'hoping' the Q-HP line is based on Shell's XHVI base oil, GrpIII.

I've been hunting around for a distro locally that carries the PP or QS 5w30 Euro Spec. The PP is A3 and I've gotten a couple of numbers to call but haven't gotten around to it.

A5/B5= HTHS of less than 3.5

This is from the ACEA Oil Sequences (pdf).

A1/B1 Oil intended for use in gasoline and car + light van diesel engines specifically designed to be capable of using low friction low viscosity oils with a High temperature / High shear rate viscosity of 2.6 to 3.5 mPa.s. These oils may be unsuitable for use in some engines. Consult owner manual or handbook if in doubt.

A3/B3 Stable, stay-in-grade oil intended for use in high performance gasoline and car + light van diesel engines and/or for extended drain intervals where specified by the engine manufacturer, and/or for year-round use of low viscosity oils, and/or for severe operating conditions as defined by the engine manufacturer. (HTHS viscosity equal to or greater than 3.5 mPa.s)

A3/B4 Stable, stay-in-grade oil intended for use in high performance gasoline and direct injection diesel engines, but also suitable for applications described under A3/B3.

A5/B5 Stable, stay-in-grade oil intended for use at extended drain intervals in high performance gasoline and car + light van diesel engines designed to be capable of using low friction low viscosity oils with a High temperature / High shear rate viscosity of 2.9 to 3.5 mPa.s. These oils may be unsuitable for use in some engines. Consult owner manual or handbook if in doubt.

Bowser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back