Information on Canadian Tire Gas & Additives

Status
Not open for further replies.
For any who are curious or this helps, the following is posted about gas sold at C-T gas bars. I thought it was interesting that they actually name the add pack they use in their gasoline, and how the change-over from summer to winter gas occurs:

"During the refining stage, Canadian Tire Petroleum product is refined to comply with all government regulations. The additive package in our product is a multifunctional gasoline additive. The package is called Tolad T 3306. The features of this additive are:

Cleans fouled port injectors
Maintains carburetor and fuel injector cleanliness
Corrosion inhibitor in gasoline containing oxygenates
Provides corrosion protection in aqueous layers formed below gasoline

The benefits of the package are that it "provides detergency to keep fuel metering systems clean resulting in improved performance and duel economy", and that it " inhibits corrosion thereby reducing contamination and filter plugging caused by corrosion products".

Additional cleaning additives can be purchased from your Canadian Tire Petroleum gas bar or store and can be directly added to your gas tank

The specification of our fuel is automatically changed depending on the time of year. There is not a single day during the year when the switch over takes place. There is a phase in process from winter spec to summer spec and visa versa, which takes place over several weeks to several months. The specification relates to the cloud point, the pour point, the volatility and the viscosity of the gasoline that is changed."

Enjoy!

I insist on going to C-T b/c I use their 'multiplyer cupons and get anywhere from $0.80 to $1.50 in C/T monet on a fill up - it adds up fast!

Fuel formulation change from summer to winter to provide better atomisation\freeze protection in winter then in summer...

As of additives, i put half a bottle of Red Line Injector cleaner every 5000km no matter what brand of gaz i use, but so far, the best gaz i've used was Irving's Premium with Microlene (Ohhh so Scientific..!!) Netted a nice MPG increase in all of the cars i've got to date!!! (Two Neons, a Civic and my Mazda!) My dad's Sunfire ECOtec and my moms Sonata 2.7 seems to like it too so...

I fill all my cars at CT gas bars. No problems in doing this for the last 9 years straight. I've accumulated well over $1000 in CT money, $350 of which bought me a nice drill press, $300 of which was stolen when my truck was broken into, and around $400 is now waiting to be spent on my CT card.

CT gets their gasoline from Imperial Oil.

I just assumed it was the same gas that Esso sold...didn't think that CT had their own additive package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back