Fuel system service

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBJ

At work we sell a full system service, one bottle in the gas tank, the other through the brake vacuum line (whatever its called). Are these acually any good? I'm looking for more reliable information than the usual propoganda.
dunno.gif

What sauce are you putting in the cars?
I am not a big fan of using the PCV or brake line to clean out an engine. I like using the gas tank.

Pennzoil product, professional use only, not for retail sale. Product turns into a "fog" (can and line hose is physically cold to the touch when being used) into the brake boost line. I dont remember what it is called exactly.

Although I'm not familiar with that exact product I'm familiar with the concept. You are cleaning up the intake manifold, decarboning the combustion chambers including the valves, and cleaning the injectors.

Most cars benefit from such services. About 15,000 to 30,000 intervals are not unreasonable.

you cant clean the injectors via the brake booster line or any other vacuum lines.. the only way to do that is via the fuel tank. going through the manifold totally bypasses the injectors.

When I was at the Xpresslube they pushed this $70 service and only used two $1 bottles of Super Tech fuel injector cleaner. $68 profit is nice for a company, especially when they'd get 10-15 of these a day.

A throttle body cleaning would be beneficial as well, instead of just directly injecting cleaner via a vacuum line.

I prefer these 3 steps:
1. Clean throttle body with Amsoil Power Foam.
2. Get the engine hot and do a steam clean with distilled water (1/2 quart) via the brake line or straight down the throttle body.
3. Triple dose of FP3000 for the first tank, and follow up with a regular dose for every tank afterwards.

Quote:

When I was at the Xpresslube they pushed this $70 service and only used two $1 bottles of Super Tech fuel injector cleaner. $68 profit is nice for a company, especially when they'd get 10-15 of these a day.

A throttle body cleaning would be beneficial as well, instead of just directly injecting cleaner via a vacuum line.

I prefer these 3 steps:
1. Clean throttle body with Amsoil Power Foam.
2. Get the engine hot and do a steam clean with distilled water (1/2 quart) via the brake line or straight down the throttle body.
3. Triple dose of FP3000 for the first tank, and follow up with a regular dose for every tank afterwards.

Its pretty sad when people get ripped off.

I remember when i had my honda and didnt know any better. I paid for one of those injector cleanings at jiffy lube....although they did take the intake off and cleaned out the throttle body.

Quote:

Never tought about scalding hot vapor to clean an engine but that must work ---- well if you take care not to hydrolock the engine in the process....
approved.gif

Mopar sells a similar product available at any Mopar dealers' parts counter for $5. Called Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner.

I used it on many vehicles, simply a squirt down the throttle body operation at low idle. The idea is to get a rate of cleaner down that it is nearly stalling the motor. Then when the can runs out you shut it off and let the pistons soak in the juice for 30 mins. I like to follow that with a full tank treatment with Chevron techtron to clean injectors. Works like charm.

There was a Miata website that had after pictures of the cylinders when treated with the Mopar stuff per directions. They sure where nice and shiny.

There are also these pictures of chambers treated by direct spraying through the plug holes and left to soak overnight.

http://homepage.mac.com/akerman/misc/mccc/IMG_0196.JPG
http://homepage.mac.com/akerman/misc/mccc/IMG_0198.JPG
http://homepage.mac.com/akerman/misc/mccc/IMG_0211.JPG
http://homepage.mac.com/akerman/misc/mccc/IMG_0212.JPG

I also use a can of that stuff when taking apart the snow blower and lawn mower. It literally eats through carbon especially if you heat up the parts with a torch first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back