Good News; GC: Its back on the AZ shelves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driving past the AZ in Eustis FL today, and remembered that many of you are posting that you found GC again, so I pulled in just to check it out. They had 16 quarts on the shelf, all "Made in Germany", all M071996BTWS62112. The shelf price was $6.09 but then I noticed a flyer that said Castrol Syntec was on sale for $4.49, so I bought 6 quarts That leaves them with 10 quarts as of today.

I then asked them to check if they were going to continue to carry it. He checked in his computer, and said yes, it is a regular in stock item. If this AZ has it, most other AZ's should have it. Now I don't have to feel bad using up my old stock. Really don't have room for more GC, but will be using up 12 quarts soon with oil changes on my two cars.

I finally found 12 in Los Angeles area- San Fernando Valley. Bought all but one M02 (Made in USA). The counter guy claimed their store never discontinued GC, just were out for a month or so. Could have been a supply issue.

It's the same API SL MB229.5 and BMW LL-01 ACEA A3 B3 ... stuff.

[image]
GCM07.jpg
[/image]

Bowser

interesting. maybe I'll have to check at my store. Gotta get them to get rid of those 20 quarts of that USA stuff.

With the re-emergence of GC, maybe it's time to change the name of this forum back to it's previous (and rightful) name...
wink.gif

It's back in stock at my local AZ in eastern PA. I snapped up 14 qts today!

Yea, I've noticed that here in Florida that 4 of the Autozones' in my area have it in stock now. It's 07 stuff.

It's a sinister plot to sink the hook deeper.

Nothing works like a taste of deprivation. All the GC volk will now go out in a frenzy and buy twice as much as before . . . just in case.

Pushers do it to their junkies all the time, as Joe Friday has shown us.
wink.gif

I came on tonight to post this exact same thread.

I found 12 quarts of GC, dated M07-179 at the AZ in downtown Steubenville, ohio.

I had the counter guy check it, and I looked at the screen, it is NO LONGER on "Sell through". I saw this FIRST HAND. This isn't what the counter guy said, this is what I saw myself.

Secondly, the last shipment my auto zone received of GC was on July 22. (the computer can tell that).

HAPPY TIMES.... change the name of the forum BACK!!

I picked up 12 quarts of the M07 stuff today in the Columbus area. I have never used it, but I got caught up in the hype, and just HAD to have some.

I checked my local Autozone tonight in Western Washington and it has not shown up yet. The guys working there knew what it was and didn't know that they were going to get it in the future. They said to try the VW dealerships around here.

Quote:

There is one in the VOA section from just a couple of months ago.......

Oh yeah, I just looked at this and I remember seeing it before. It was tested in March '07 but I didn't know if it was actually the '07 product or not, since he never really said that in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back