Techron & Fuel Gague

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed an ad for Techron recently in which they claimed Techron would help a sticking fuel gauge. I have a fuel gauge in an 01 F150 which is very slow to register when you add gas to it. Has anyone had any experience with this, and do you know anything about Techron's ability to help this problem. Also, would Regane or FP60 be able to accomplish the same thing, or is this ability limited to Techron? Thanks

Someone said it would solve my old Dakota's nonworking fuel gauge. Two applications later....no change. Can't comment on the F150 issue but it didn't help me.

John

I'd try a double-the-recommended dose of Techron and then a couple more standard doses.

If that didn't work I'd try the same procedure with the other products.

Perhaps a lengthy "soaking," keeping the gas concentrated with the additive so that the active ingredients maintain lengthy contact with the component that MAY have deposits upon it that inhibit the fuel gauge sender's action... if it IS the sender that is the culprit.

Good luck

Although I've never had any problem with my fuel guage I use Techron (big bottle) after every service. I noticed they want you to add it to the gas and burn the entire tank for a typical treatment and retreating if results aren't met. I believe that the real trick is to allow the treated gas to soak in order for it to do it's work. If the sensor is really dirty as it's been noted then two treatments may be needed. In addition I also use weekly Lucas UCL just for that purpose and if it helps keep injectors clean then no problem with me. My only goal with UCL is gas mileage and to keep my motor running as long as possible.

Durango

all f150 have a slow gauge. its that way by (poor) design. ford as well as some other auto makers have slow gauges so that going uphill, downhill, high g cornering, etc wont change the gauge unless you do any of those items for an extended time.

if the gauges were not made purposely slow then every time you accelerated, turned, stopped, or hit a bump the gauge would swing wildly from full to empty as the fuel sloshed around.

why did ford make the fuel gauge so slow compared to christler or honda? i havent a clue, but youre f150's gauge is slow by design, not by mechanical breakdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back