Boric Acid in Gas tank .!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so many of you read my post on putting lab grade boric acid in engine oil.
I have decided to try it in the gasoline first., And so far..:) have some positive results.

I took 2 Tbsp's and disolved the BA into 1 litre of gasoline. In a clear jar, I gave it a shake , and let the mix sit for 1 day. I could not see of feel any visable particles in the gas , BA mix.
Just like the oil, the gasoline felt slippery.
Last Thurs, I put the mix in before filling up.And I Have been driving the same route as usual, making sure not to deviate from my usual actions/driving.

And the roughness at idle has disapeared, when filling up I got 8L/100kms , normally this car (01 kia sephia) gets 9.3L/100kms....... every time.:)

Yes I know it was only 1 tank of gas, but I plan to try 4 tanks with the boron mix, and 4 without, and I will post my findings, in about 2 months.:)

I also intend to try a small mix of BA in the crankcase.

cheers:)
nik

The old "boric acid in the gas tank" trick huh?
wink.gif

Quote:

Yes I know it was only 1 tank of gas, but I plan to try 4 tanks with the boron mix, and 4 without, and I will post my findings, in about 2 months.:)

I'll (hopefully) be around in 2 months; that should be interesting. A lot of people here like to see test results from other people (especially pictures hint, hint... not that we don't trust you). One of the best things (IMO) you can do if you decide to run a trial like this is to log absolutely everything you can as often as you can (you aren't forced to obviously). Not sure what kind of car you have; if it's a 4 cylinder (or a 6/8 with easy access) maybe you could log things like the spark plug tip condition. What method are you using to calculate gas mileage? Any reason you specifically picked 4 tanks instead of another number?

can you say clogged injectors and vavle deposits since most all gas "cleaners" use a alkaline amine to disolve the acidic gunk buld up boric acid as a acid I think would add to the problem.
bruce

Boric acid?

Is that the same thing as BORAXO soap?

heavy_duty_hand_large_cleanser1.jpg

heavy_duty_large_powders2.jpg

It will clean your hands, why not the injectors and combustion chamber.
dunno.gif

instead of 20 extra HORSE power, you get 20 extra MULE power
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
theyareontome.gif

20_Mule_Team_in_Death_Valley.jpg

No ,
I bought some Lab grade Boric Acid, it feels like icing sugar, and by itself it is very slippery......, When added to gasoline/ engine oil ...... it seems to make it slicker.

The tech who sold it too me said , BA is not acidic.

I chose 4x4 tanks of gasoline because it will take me a while to go through 8 tanks on this car.:)

Above will kill fleas also.(of course try someone elses dog before your own) that way your not at risk. Whats the guarantee on this 'stuff'?

Clean your engine and feed it moly oil and save yourself the grief.

Nick, be careful brother. I recently worked a forensic study of and engine failure after bicarbonate of soda was added to a chevy I6, sanded everything down and was stuck in every orifice globed up. cam was like a baseball bat! Rings, bearings, lifters, looked like it had been sand blasted.

Mechs had added it trying to "improve ring seal". Plaintiff won.

The slippery feel is from the oils and fats being dissolved out of your skin. You get the same feel from laundry bleach - its not the bleach that is slippery - its you.

Bleach is corosive, so that theory makes sense, however the BA is not. So I can not see how it would bring out the oils/fats from my skin in a few seconds ?

I also tried the same finger test wearing latex gloves, and came to the same conclusion, the oil "feels" slicker with BA in it.

After a few days of being disolved in oil and gasoline.The BA does not come out of suspension. It stays disolved in the carrier fluids.

Quote:

The tech who sold it too me said , BA is not acidic.

That tech is an idiot. Boric acid (H3BO3) is most certainly acidic, although weakly. Of course, the entire acid/base concept is referenced to aqueous solutions (i.e., water-based). There's no telling what's happening when you dissolve the stuff in nonpolar organic solvents like gasoline.

Of course, if you'd asked me beforehand, I would have guessed that it wouldn't dissolve in gasoline at all, so what do I know?
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back