MMO....Good Warning Sticker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvel Mystery Oil has a sticker that states....using this product in diesel fuel in uncompliant with low sulfer fuel criteria....or something to that effect!

Interesting statement: I have used this product during the Summer months in both gas and diesel and like it.

Will the sticker force MMO out of the market someday?

I don't think it will force them out at all. They simply have to state that they don't comply. A few other good adds had to as well, like Regane.

Honestly, I think it will help their business. More people might be inclined to buy their product in hopes of negating the possible side effects of the new ULSD.

MMO uses ~900ppm phosphorus and ~30ppm boron for it's additive. Wouldn't think it would harm anything at the labeled dilution rate.

I think they are reffering to the fact that we are supposed to not use Sulfer in diesel or diesel additives as of Jan. 2007. Interesting thing though, all diesels run better with Sulfer so there is a major issue or theory that the traditional longevity of diesel engines my be in jeopardy because of the new law. Many people are reaching for additives, many are trying to use non sulfer additives that protect as good as sulfer additives, or simply having sulfer in the deisel, but the theory is most additives will not make up for the lack of sulfer that the US gov't took out of the fuel. I think they are trying to make new diesel engines run w/o the added sulfer, but I have no information on how that's working out. MMO will add sulfer to the diesel, thus making that vehicle in non compliance with the law, and also put you in jeopardy of voiding the vehicle warranty, EVENTHOUGH the sulfer makes the engine run better, lol. The same law doesn't effect gas engines yet, so MMO still can be sold and used in gas engines eventhough it raises sulfer content. Is my information on that correct guys, or am I way off?

Quote from the MMO website, "When Marvel Mystery Oil is used according to directions, i.e., 4-ounces of MMO to 10-gallons of diesel fuel, it will raise the sulphur content of ultra-low sulfur fuel approximately 1.6 ppm. Even this small amount could void your warrantee in 2007 diesel engines and therefore, we do not recommend it's use in these new engines. For older engines using ultra low sulphur fuel, we recommend adding 6-ounces of Marvel Mystery Oil for each 10-gallons of diesel fuel."

Marvel Oil Company, Inc.
Technical Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back