Shell gas stations gone???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all,

I just noticed yesterday that another Shell gas station has been replaced with Valero. Is it true that Shell is pulling out of Southern California?

Durango
usa2.gif

Quote:

I'll trade you some Michigan Shell stations for some Kentucky Chevron stations.

Both are good but problem is that all Chevron stations are going too getting replaced with Marathon.

They might as well go away in SoCal.... Their gas price are only $.10-20 higher than everyone else, but their diesel is $.30-50 higher. I guess if you use a Shell credit card, you get a discount. But why go through the bother? (And I don't think diesel users even get a discount, that's why some Shell stations are taking out their diesel pumps.)

Here in my small town we first lost our Amoco, and I don't care what you say their Premium was exactly that, and then we lost our Shell V-Power which was awesome gas... now all I can get is Sinclair, Cenex, and BMG gas... all of which are so-so...lackluster...

Problem is here, we're getting over-run with Mobil stations.

Who do they think they are... Starbucks?

I'm holding out, and getting most of my gas at the BP that is between my home and the office... even though there is a Mobil about 3 blocks from my home.

Heres a related question for those in the know,
how does gas station franchising work? Monthly fees to keep the sign out front? Price to fill the tanks vary from brand to brand significantly? Costs to owner to run a particular sign? etc.
There was a convienient Mobil station I used to stop at when going into the US that is now a Sunoco. What exactly prompts a brand change besides possible consumer pressure.

Alex.

Quote:

Is Mobil top tier gas? I like BP also it reminds of my beloved Amoco....

Mobil Premium meets top-tier grade. The regular and mid-grade do not. That doesn't mean Mobil gas is worse. Some get better mileage with slightly less cleaning additive gasolines like Mobi and BP. My best mileage comes with Marathon gas.

the PRIZM seems to like EXXON 93 best , then MOBIL 93 , then HESS and SUNOCO 93 last . The MOBIL 87 seems best for that grade , then the HESS 89 which is about same price as the MOBIL 87 .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back