Looking for quality UCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a quality Upper Cylinder Lube (UCL) that mixes well with a good Syn oil. I figured there has to be at lease 7 out there , with BITOG's approval. Oh, that will last 7-10K plus miles.

UCLs are used in the fuel, not the oil. The oil already lubricates whatever it touches.

A decent oil additive many like here is LC20 from LubeControl.
smile.gif

Run a top quality synthetic oil in the crankcase of proper viscosity.

I run various "UCL's" in the gas on a continuous basis for cleaning and lubrication. I like the Lucas UCL but also use full-synthetic 2-stroke outboard oil, MMO and Mobil 1 Racing 2T in the gas at ratios of about 1:650 to 1:1000 in approximately inverse proportion to their viscosity in the bottle. Increased engine smoothness as well as quietness of the fuel pump and injectors is immediately obvious. If I add something like Chevron Techron Concentrate additive to the gas the results are entirely unnoticeable (good thing). Try the Lucas UCL from NAPA.

Been using FP60 for the last two years. This last fill up i decided to try Lucas UCL and so far it seems alittle smoother than the FP60 but gas milage seems to be the same. Ill do another treatment if it keeps it up ill keep using it. Its cheaper too.

I also mix Lucas UCL with Marvel Mystery Oil, and sometimes a little ashless 2 stroke oil to my fuel.
Straight Lucas UCL would be great, but I am keeping costs down, and maybe getting a bit of side benefit from the other lubes.

Do a google search lucas fuel treatment and read some reviews, it is good stuff to use in Gas. I never knew how good the stuff was until i used it in a new car, review coming soon. I don't know if the milage will be better or not, but I cannot believe the sound it gave my new truck, it's just purring.

Quote:

Shell gas has it added. They also claim it improves MPG.

Caspian,

That's what I've been asking for a short while now but no one replies! Again, does this product exist in gasoline made today regardless of the brand?? I'm talking abour off brands like Costco, Wal Mart, Albertson and Vons.

Durango
usa2.gif

I use LUCL with every fill up. It is readily available and cost effective if purchased in the gallon jug. I think you will be pleased.

It is also solvent free. My understanding is that MMO contains approx. 30% mineral spirits.

I use 2-cycle at 500:1 in my cars. It has good base oil, anti-wear additives and fuel stabilizers. Costs like $.20c to treat 10 gallons.

22oz.redline si-1
1 oz redline 2 stroke racing oil
9 oz.redline fuel system water remover and anti-freeze

i use these mix i fine this to be the best!!

how much would 500:1 be in a mix? 500ml to 100ml?

I might try your mix.
But with cheaper water removers, and two stroke oils.
I'll use 22oz of redline si-1 though for cleaning

For me, Lucas UCL makes a nice smooth engine but their mpg increase is zero. 131 & FP+ are in the winnings. But FP+ is cheaper per app so it wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back