MMO or LUCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been a lot of threads regarding these two products recently.

Does either one stand out as a better option?

I currently use LUCL with every fill up but I have no commitment.

MMO is good aswel, it's cheaper per treatment
But that is in Canada.. where lucas is 5.99 a bottle.

FWIW
I am running a mixture of 1/3 each MMO, UCL, and Mobil 1 MX2T 2 cycle oil.

I add this mix at the rate of 4oz per 10 Gal.
I can't prove anything except a lighter wallet.
This mix does seem to make my engines idle more smoothly.

I suspect (hope) that deposits are rendered softer and therefore more easily expelled.
The same goes for lubricating things in the fuel system, valve stems and seats, and the upper cylinder area in general.

Can't personally say that my gas mileage is improved in any repeatable way.
And I am not skeptical of the improved mileage claims of others.I suppose results may depend on the application.

Wishful thinking or real benefit?
This would be hard to prove either way.

Rickey.

My only concern with FP+ is solvents.

My understanding is that neither MMO nor LUCL utilize solvents in their fuel additives. This may not be a legitimate concern.

Why do you prefer FP+.

If I've got a grip on this (always suspect) our inherent problems with fuel aside from long term deposit formation is the loss of lubricity. This is why continuous treatments are somewhat suggested. If you can do it ...great ..and FP, in it's various offerings, may be of some benefit over the periodic treatments (Amsoil PI, Regane, Techron, etc.) that will primarily focus on deposit removal. MMO will surely have some impact in the favorable realm in cleaning and/or lubricity ..or so I imagine. I'm not familiar with Lucas UCL ..so I can't comment on it.

So far my best mileage was with Lucas UCL (albeit only on two tanks). I switched back to FP60 to finish the bottle out and my mileage is slightly down. My next fill up will be with Lucas UCL, so we'll see if it was a fluke or not.

Ive been going on two years now with FP60 and now today i added a bottle of Lucas UCL to see if there is a difference. I going to try two treatments just to make sure.

Quote:

My understanding is that neither MMO nor LUCL utilize solvents in their fuel additives. This may not be a legitimate concern.

Why do you prefer FP+.

MMO is 30% Mineral Spirits.

The only problem I've found with Lucas is in the winter time - it's too thick to pour... So, I cut the stuff with some MMO...

So far used many and 131 gets more mpg and Lucas makes engine smoother. I am one a new gallon of FP+ so we will see how this does.

I have used a lot of products in the gas, and so far my favorite has been the Lucas UCL at a ratio of 1:800 or thereabouts. Favorable results have been reduced oil consumption, smooth engine feel, increased throttle response, quick start, clean intake manifolds under the carbs, decreased fuel pump and injector noise, and no exhaust smell versus other gas additives. Try the Lucas UCL at 1:800 every tank and report back.

Quote:

Why do you prefer FP+.

Wouldn't gasoline be also considered a solvent?

Yes, gas itself it 5-15% toluene. A fairly strong solvent. Thats why I don't have tons of faith in purely solvent based cleaners. I prefer PEA. But FP, MMO, and LUCL all are great as lubes that quiet fuel pumps and make engines run smoother.

What is in Lucas UCL that helps it clean the injectors ??
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back