Engine seal conditioner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any good products out there that will condition the seals on my 17 year old 5.8l engine. Bars and No Leak brands claim to condition seals to prevent leaks. Thanks

auto-rx
cheers.gif

Maxlife Motor Oil has seal conditioners you need, along with PAO, Moly, and a nice robustness in a thicker oil that your old engine would appreciate.

Wanna condition your seals, clean them with ARX and let your oil do it's job. I think most of the rubber seals we see today that fail, do so because of contaminants getting built up over time. Now if they're cork, that's a different story, they just wear out no matter what.

From Valvoline.com re Maxlife:

"Detergents chemically bond with and remove existing sludge and deposits"

"Special seal conditioners rejuvenate seals within the engine block to help prevent oil leaks"

Maxlife can do it!

While there is no problem mixing ARX with Maxlife I'd use one or the other and then report back your findings. Do you have leaks / seepage now? If not how are you going to tell you've made an improvement?

Auto-Rx does not swell seals to stop a leak. Any of these high mileage oils contain a swelling additive no good as you thin out the seal material. Plus you weaken seal area where you have leak.

Right, I would not mix AutoRx with Maxlife.

Maxlife advertizes a "seal conditioner," not a "seal sweller." A seal sweller may be part of that conditioner, but it would be balanced so as not to ruin seals.

"Right, I would not mix AutoRx with Maxlife."

Why not? Is there a comptability issue I'm not aware of or do you feel that Maxlife has the "right stuff" to begin with to address this particular problem.

I've used Maxlife and ARX but I've never felt the need to mix the to as of yet.

Quote:

Why not? Is there a comptability issue I'm not aware of or do you feel that Maxlife has the "right stuff" to begin with to address this particular problem.

No compatability issue that I am aware of, but from what I have read, AutoRx works better with a Plain Jane oil, not something fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back