FP Plus vs. Redline SI-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know the differences between the two products for use in a gas engine? From what I've read on the forum, both products get excellent reviews.

Thank you!

The way I see things, the Redline is better for cleaning up deposits and stuff, where the FP is a better UCL with some cleaning abilities over time. I would hesitate to use the Redline on a continuous basis unless if was a very small dose. And yes, both work very well. If I had both of these products on the shelf of my shop, i would use the Redline at full strenth dose to clean up injectors, valves, etc, just before an oil change. Then I would use the FP Plus at every fill-up to keep things clean, as well as top end lubed and as a fuel economy improver. Where are you seeing the Redline SI-1? The only place I see it now is Pep Boys and they are about 40 miles from me.

S1 for a cleaning a couple of times a year [for an engine in good condition].
FP+ for everyday use. It will help lube all sorts of things in it's path, and that is very useful. Not quite the strength of the S1 in the cleaning dept, for a one shot use.

Quote:

Is FP+ a solvent free cleaner like LUCL?

No, it is solvent based. But don't let that scare you away from it, its a fine product.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back