Octane Booster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard of Torco Unleaded Race Fuel Concentrate ??
It is supposed to bumo octane from 93 to 107 when mixed
with 10 to 15 gallons of gas.

93 to 107 is a major boost in octane. My guess would be a massive dose of MMT. I don't what what else could kick octane THAT high in only 32oz to 10 gallons.

If is does have MMT, I would think twice before using it in any car with an O2 and catcon. MMT is supposed to be able to poison both devices.

Hmm, I just did some quick numbers, for a 14 jump in octane.
In 10 gallons of fuel(40quarts) + 1 of the additive.
Total 41 quarts of fuel

(40/41) * 93 = 90.73
(1/41) * 575 = 14.02
Total Octane 90.73 + 14.02 = 104.75 Octane.
If my math is correct(head still spinnin from last night) the product needs to have an octane of at least 575!?!?

Does it say raises octane 14 points? If so, it would only raise 93 octane to 94.4 octane. A point for octane is the first decimal place.

Dave

Torco has 30 different fuel adds out there. Some of them have MMT, and I would absolutely stay away from those.

Here is one of the MSDS (which shows MMT)

Mach 100

This post shows a guy who used a Torco product with MMT and his bearing wear went up substantially:
Subie

Quote:

Does it say raises octane 14 points? If so, it would only raise 93 octane to 94.4 octane. A point for octane is the first decimal place.

Dave

Thats what I thought to, I looked on the site and they clearly say from 93 to 107 octane. Whatever does it, I am not sure if it would be safe in a street(emission tested) vehicle.

Thank you guys but I not going to use it in a car. I need
it because I can only get 89 octane gas at my marina and
plan on using it in a Honda PWC 2002 F12X which is
turbocharged. No converters no O2 sensors. My plan is to
mix a pint to 10 to 15 gallons to achieve 94 octane.
After speaking with Torco they told me you cannot overdose
with this additive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back