Marvel Mystery Oil in the Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a search but couldn't find much about MMO used in the gas. Most posts were about using it in the oil. Who uses this stuff? Three tanks ago I put some in my 2001 Tahoe and got an improvement in mileage. Nothing dramatic...about a half mpg. So I used it in the next two tanks. Both times my mpg number were better then normal. For reference the last non MMO tank I got 14.7 mpg on BP gas. The first MMO tank was 16.31 with Chevron, the second was 15.29 on Shell and this last tank was 16.91 on Chevron. Driving was about the same for all the tanks of gas......a mix of highway and city. I live in Atlanta, so traffic is always bad. Does this stuff truly work? Or are my results some sort of anomaly?

The truck has 102,100 on the clock. My Dad used to use MMO in the cars we had growing up. They were carburetor motors and today's engines are fuel injected. Will MMO harm the catalytic converters, oxygen sensors or any part of the fuel system? Can it - or should it - be used at every fill up?

Any input is appreciated.

I use is all the time, nearly every tank. I even run a high dose(12oz to a 14gallon tank). It makes my engine smoother and quieter. It seems to give me quicker startups to.

I ran like 4 tankfuls like that up to my emissions test(nothing in the emissions test tank though) and i still aced it. Mine is a 92 with a single O2 sensor though. Nothing too complex.

I use it all the time in my F150 its safe. Your injectors could be dirty and the MMO is cleaning it out, if you still have an increase with out the MMO then that was the case.

As a top end lube, it may be causing better ring and valve sealing, thus helping your gas mileage. It is a mild cleaner, and will help in that area.

I gained 0mpg with MMO, but it does make my fuel pump quieter. It certainly runs well with and without it. After going through 2 bottles, and trying to overdose once, I find it's nearly useless as anything more than a top end oil.

Well I can say it probably does clean a little bit. It is cheap though at $4/bottle for 32oz!

I use it religiously. Yes it does clean and it does
lubricate. Does it improve fuel mileage ?? NO
Does keep the inside of the combustion chambers clean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back