GoodYear Run Flats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just had my third "flat tire" in less than 7000 miles on my new Corvette, equipped with GoodYear EMT's. I'm driving the same roads as I have for the last three years on other cars, all equipped with Conventional 55 or 60 Series Eagles with no problems at all. I'm curious if others have experienced similar problems with their EMT's?

On the bright side, they really do run flat, as advertised. Had a really nasty screw in the left rear and was able to get it into a GoodYear dealer for repair while "running on empty".

This could be due to multiple reasons. For one, your Corvette has 40 and 35 sidewall aspect ratios which makes them more susceptible to damage from hitting potholes, with a sidewall that short I would conscientiously avoid any potholes or large sharp edged bumps. Also, I am guessing your Corvette has much wider tires than most of your previous vehicles which will lead towards it being much more prone to picking up road debris. Is your house in a neighborhood that is undergoing construction or is there any major construction on your main routes to work etc? I would guess that if anything the Goodyear F1 GS-2 EMT or F1 A/S-C EMT that you have on your car would have a sturdier build than the majority of non-runflat tires out there in both sidewall and carcass construction.

Jon

Actually they can be repaired, as long as the object is not in the sidewall, and the tire has not been driven on flat. On my Corvette the tire pressure monitor warns me if the pressure drops below 24 pounds. Goodyear has a toll free number to call that will direct you to a service location that is qualified to repair their EMT's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back