Fridgidaire dryer grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a motor problem in my clothes dryer. I have to take out the drum and I want to regrease the rear ball "stainless?" and socket "Polyethelene?".

The repair book says it is a special lithium grease. I was just going to use one of the three Amsoil greases I have.
I have GLC Multi GHC with moly or GRG series 2000.
The GRG seems to have a very good hi temp life and hi dropping point. I think I will go with it.

I also have Stalube synthetic brake caliper grease that contains moly, graphite, and teflon.

I would like any thoughts? Any appliance techs?

i just did this to my fridigaire dryer!

i used come castrol uliplex ngli 2 because thats what i had on hand.

but really, its just a dryer. it dont matter what you use as long as you dont make a mess and get it all over the place. 99.9% of the population never even looks inside a dryer so if you grease yours and keep it running youre ahead of everybody.

Yea I think you are right. I might get the little plastic bearing. It only cost about $3.

Then I will use some series 2000 Racing grease! so I have the fastest dryer in America!
patriot.gif

hahaha, one day well have to race them. i bet i could beat ya in a permaiant press cycle!
hey while you are in there have a look at the spin motor bearings (bushings) if you disconnect the belt and the 2 brackets which hold the motor in place, you can pull the motor out and properly grease its bushings. also the tensioner pulley could use a greasing. my pulley didnt even a bushing.

I used 'Gunslik' I think it's called, stated to be an anhydrous graphite lube. I also use a teflon spray on the stupid felt/plastic bearinsg on the front.

I hope that Frigidare gives due credit to the high school drafting class that designed the bearings for their dryer.

I've seen Sil-glide mentioned for use on those bearings. That's what I used on my Whirlpool.

So now I just have to find out if the they money I put into this dryer makes sense$$$$ If I have to dump in $200 + then maybe it's not worth it.......

I could buy a pretty good cheap new dryer for about $332 at Sears. It would not match my washer but that's the breaks.

I just replaced the belt and idler pulley on my 33 year old coin op. HOTPOINT Dryer in my APT. BUILDING. Parts were only $31. As another said, "Just use whatever grease you have." I'd use the lithium grease.

Well I bought a used motor, belt, rear bearing support and top felt glide.
$124

I installed the felt guide with glue and put the motor in as well as the other parts.

Then I go to plug in the motor and it has a different plug arrangement. My dryer is the fancy "Gallery" reversing motor set up.
Long story short I was committed so I bought the new motor and got it running. It's up to a total of $220 bucks. Total At least I did not buy the parts from Sears. They wanted $192 + shipping just for the motor.
I guess because they are Sears people assume they sell inexpensive parts, Not!

The only consolation is maybe it will last longer than the cheap new dryer I was thinking of buying...
confused.gif

My washer and dryer are only 3 years old. Now you guys have me thinking cause it never even dawned on me that lubes were changeable! Now where's that manual...
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back