FP60 article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly backs up what Terry found when testing, that it dissolves carbon well.

FPPlus helped out my B&S mower engine. It had a hard multi-pull start recently. Ran 2 tanks with 1oz each of FP+ and now it starts with barely one pull. Running has always been smooth so not much improvement there. I hope it makes my car that happy!

Interesting, I always though LC20 would be better at disolving carbon. Looks like at the least they found another use for FP60.

Not sure what to think about the implications but those photos sure get an A+ on the eyeball test.

I'm counting on FP Plus to help keep the injectors on my Cummins and PSD clean and helping me avoid expensive repairs. Or worse, a stuck injector filling my crankcase with fuel and....well, you get the idea.

What does this have to do with the conditions inside an engine? This is not a test.
Don't get me wrong - I think that they are fine products, but being right for the wrong reason,, or overstating one's case is not helpful of valid.

Quote:

What does this have to do with the conditions inside an engine? This is not a test.
Don't get me wrong - I think that they are fine products, but being right for the wrong reason,, or overstating one's case is not helpful of valid.

Fully agree. Dont believe the test proves anything useful - I could probably soak the plugs in CocaCola and get a benefit.

I wonder what the dilution rate was in this test? If he used full strength FP and LC, the test is really laughable, as in FP's case the recommended dosage is 5 gals of fuel to 1 oz of FP, or over 600:1. If full strength FP was used, the solution is about 600 times stronger than what we put in our cars. And like you say, you don't have the combustion factors to deal with.

I too am a FP and LC user, and I like the products, but articles like the one mentioned are disturbing without more detail and methodology.

I agree with the previous two comments that this "test" does not replicate real world application by any stretch.

At the same time, however, it does give us tangible "relative" results between FP60 and another substance, in this case LC20...assuming both were undiluted. It would be more interesting to see a fuel additive like Techron or Lucas UCL substituted for LC20...the results would still be lacking scientifically but it would make for more interesting conversation.

I also agree that full strength FP60 is in no way representative of the concentration you're supposed to run in your vehicle, however at the same time the exposure to the additive was only days rather than a real world 24/7/365 scenario in your fuel system.

Test proved that at room temp and no stirring over a few days, FP60 loosened quite a bit of carbon and did so better than LC20 did. It is a "real" test. I apologize on behalf of the guy who did these tests that he did not develop a new test procedure for fuel additive effectiveness, which is what two of the above posters appear to want. Good golly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back