Scion Xb ATF recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a 2005 Scion Xb with 67K miles. I am wanting to change the ATF fluid, but can not find what type to use. The owner's manual does not specify a type and search's are not yielding answers either, so I am looking to my fellow brethren. This is a company vehicle so the fluid has to be purchased at Pep Boys, company charge account. Recommendations will be most appreciated.

Thanks Pablo. Thought you would be gone on vacation by this hour. Hope you enjoy your trip. Safe and happy motoring.

If you don't want to use the dealer fluid, use the Amsoil or any other multivehicle/universal ATF.
You should look more closely at the owners manual or maintenance guide. I haven't seen one from Toyota that didn't go into detail concerning what fluids go everywhere.

Takes T-IV/JWS3309.

If Pep Boys is your only option, they sell a Pennzoil Multi-Vehicle ATF that will meet the T-IV spec. About $4/qt.

in 2000 PRIZM (Corolla) uses DEXRON III for P.S.unit , would assume been the same for automatic tranny . The MOBIL 1 A.T.F. is an universal fluid , far as I can tell , call MOBIL tech line at 1-800-662-4525 and see if is acceptable for XB . GOOD LUCK

Appreciate the input gentlemen. I will check out the Mobil site. Finially found one forum were a guy was stating Dextron XX was no longer endorsed by Toyota. Had to be T-IV, according to Toyota service techs . Looks like Mobil 3309 will fit the bill. Hopefully Pep Boys will have it. Being limited to one sourse has it's drawbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back