3000GT VR4 (twin turbo, 500hp at crank) New Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Have you considered Mobil Delvac 1 5W40 aka Mobil1 Turbodiesel Truck You may come across that locally....

Hi Brian, thanks for your reply and input.

I've seen this locally and it has crossed my mind a few times. Thank you for reminding me about this stuff! I can get my hands on it relatively easily. Maybe i'll give that a shot and see how my motor likes it.

With all the swirling M1 controversies the 5W40 seems to be the only oil that no one really has a problem with! If I didn't have a Strategic Petroleum Reserve in my garage this would be on my shortlist.

Search UOA for Tyrolkids Redline 5W40 in his highly modified turbo pulling 20psi from memory. His UOA's are astonishing particularly considering the application. I'd add Amsoil 5W40 to the list as well.

I'd recommend that you go with CJ-4 Rotella 10w-30 or 15w-40 if you have to use something thicker. The other oil I'd consider for a shearing monster is that "secret" oil, that, if I'm correct, Terry Dyson formulated for Renewable Lubricants Bio-Synthetic. Some of the RS4 guys are using it with great results and their motors absolutely destroyed reputable oils.

sprintman - I'll do a search for that in a few. With all of the recommendations I've been getting for the RL 5w-40, I might as well give it a shot. I'll probably be buying some this weekend.

e36'n - I thought about this too.

Something else I thought of, I can get Chevron Delo very easily. What about using Delo 15w-40 in the hotter months and Delo 10w-30 in the colder months? I always hear great things about this oil. The Delo 15w-40 worked well in my engine before the rebuild. Would Delo be enough to handle my motor?

I'll still give the RL 5w-40 a shot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back