05 Jetta TDI, 68542 Miles, Amsoil 5w-40, 3524 OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another sample taken. The first sample in the report is really 20,868 not 40,868 on the oil. The first oil was Amsoil Series 3000 5w-30.

All comments welcome.

web page

If the 40W does better this time you might think about the 15W-40 Heavy Duty Diesel & Marine. The TBN is 12+ instead of the ~8 of the Euro Formula. I too tried the Series 3000 5W-30 in my Jeep Liberty CRD but I seem to be getting better mpg from the 15W-40. I haven't had time to run an UOA on the 15W-40 yet.

The FE seems so high for such a short interval.

The Fe is high because you are still cleaning out the previous fill. I would do one more short interval of a generic oil, then try the AFL 5W-40 again. The oil looks fine - TBN is 7.7!

Did you post before on the HDD run of 41000 miles!?

I was going to mention that maybe the Amsoil spiked your wear numbers- renently happened to me. But then I saw your oil change interval. That's pretty long. Maybe you should take Blackstone's recommendation.

30 ppm was inherited from the 239 - change out early and get things cleaned up - otherwise if it comes back high again something is going wrong. Anything over 35 at 5k on the next and you may have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back