FP3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is available - it is not on the main site descriptions yet, just click on the Order link to see it there for ordering and a brief description

I have a question....

Why does FP3000 / Plus recommend using LC20 in conjunction with it, yet there is no similar recommendation when using FP60 (that I can see)?

Does the former have a negative effect on motor oil TBN, thus the recommendation for LC20?

Just curious. My 2 gallons of Plus arrived today and I'm hesitant to run LC20 in my 7.3L PSD unless you folks think it's ok. As for my 5.9L CTD, I'm not hesitant due to the electronic injectors.

So, I'm wondering if LC20 is simply recommended or actually necessary with the Plus.

Cheeks:
I use 8oz. of LC20 every oil change, and add 1oz every 1k miles. With my 01PSD.

As well as 8oz. of FP3000 in my tank every fill up.

Truck has over 264K miles on her and she seems to be running smoother all the time.

U can use the LC20 with the FP60 as well, I used it when i first bought the truck with 240K miles on it. Then the FP3000 was introduced and I switched to it.

LC20 cleans the inside of the motor.
FP3000 and FP60 clean your fuel system.
As for my PSD the LC20 also helps clean the injectors since the oil is what fires them.

Hope that helps some.

SyN, thanks...that not only helps "some", that helps a LOT.

Ever since Bob's Lucas / foaming oil demonstration back in the day I've been gun shy of mixing lube oil additives with HEUI injectors. Your post gives me the confidence to do so.

Still wonder if LC3000/Plus eventually affects the lube oil TBN more than the FP60. Otherwise, why wouldn't LC20 be recommended for concurrent use with FP60 as well as the Plus.

I'm sure I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but then again that's what simple minded people like me do
smile.gif

I remember a post my LCD, saying that neither one affects the TBN at all. Thus the reason for myself using them.

Maybe it was in their board? Can't remember.

Cheeks we recommend using LC20 with both FP60 and FP PLUS as they work best when run in conjunction with each other. Clean and maintain both sides of your engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back