Scored a set of great used tires!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2002 Chev Cavalier was in need of new set of tires, it was still running on the winters that came on it when bought two years ago - so they were getting worn, and starting to crack on the sidewalls. I had accepted that I was looking at about $340 for new tires from the Wal-Mart I work at for the base Kuhmo 732's we sell.

My BIL surfs a local ad site for various things - car and stereo parts mainly. While searching, he found a person selling a set of Motomaster tires in my size that seemed to be in really good shape for $160, which seemed to be a good price. We went and met this guy, and ended up paying $140 for a set of almost-new all-seasons (9/32's of tread on them!). Had them installed on the car yesterday, and the difference is night and day - car rides way smoother, and handles better throught the corners. Plus, I saved myself over $130 of a brand-new set of tires.

I'm pretty darn pleased.

If you are not picky, like new OEM tires from new car buyers who just upgraded their rims/tires are good deals. Good luck with it.

Quote:

If you are not picky, like new OEM tires from new car buyers who just upgraded their rims/tires are good deals. Good luck with it.

Couldn't agree more, you can often find OEM tires with less than a few thousand miles on them for very cheap!

That is a good deal. I snactched up a set of aluminum wheels for my ranger for 40 bucks. What kind of motomasters were they, I have lxr's on the front of my truck and I think the world of them.

Warlord:

They are Motomaster "Touring LXR" tires - nice all-season tread on them. They are working just great - not leaks...etc, and the ride is a lot better than the worn-out winters I had on it!

Looking at your post, I'm realizing they are the same ones you have! I agree - they're great!

I bought a set of Factory tires off a guy I worked with when He bought a new Explorer and wanted to put Mud tires on it. I paid like $150 for 4 16" tires, about a month later I went to get them mounted the tire man told me there was a recall on those "FIRESTONES" and I could pick any tire s in exchange, plus I was given a alowance for changinging them. So I ended up getting 4 Michelins at no charge, mounted and balanced. I was happy, my coworker was not.

Thats a good deal - I'll need new tires this fall, I'll keep this in mind. My last experiance with used tires was back in college. Had a blow out and ended up hitting a local junkyard and after some rummaging around found a super steel tire, right size; ten bucks. Paid more for the mount and balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back