Who makes YAMALUBE oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbm

I picked up a couple of quarts of 10w30 SJ Yamalube at a garage sale. (the price was right). I don't have a MC at the moment. Is this oil any better than regular automotive SJ oil and would you run it in a B&S OPE engine?

The last i heard Yamalube is made by CITGO,Citgo has the contract for YAMALUBE They've had it for a long time now.

I run it in my little brother's 'China-bike' ATV with a 150cc engine. It is constantly tached out when he's riding... it's geared low as [censored]. And it's held that engine together so far. Sometimes it sounds like it would blow up. So, I think it's a good oil as far as that goes..

I assume it's safe to use in wet-clutch systems... as that is what his ATV is, anyways. I might start using it in my Honda Shadow with the shared sump. It's geared low so it's normally running high RPM at 55mph and above. Rotella-T 15w-40 is in there right now... I just want something I KNOW will hold up.

Quote:

I run it in my little brother's 'China-bike' ATV with a 150cc engine. It is constantly tached out when he's riding... it's geared low as [censored]. And it's held that engine together so far. Sometimes it sounds like it would blow up. So, I think it's a good oil as far as that goes..

I assume it's safe to use in wet-clutch systems... as that is what his ATV is, anyways. I might start using it in my Honda Shadow with the shared sump. It's geared low so it's normally running high RPM at 55mph and above. Rotella-T 15w-40 is in there right now... I just want something I KNOW will hold up.

I would stick with the Rotella over the yamalube, we know
Rotella is good buy the UOA's and VOA's, i think yamalube
is "ok", but nothing to wright home about..

If you want overpriced, overkill, but darn fine oil, give Maxima a look see. Over the top on the additive packages, no matter which level you choose.

And yes, I use it in my regulation vehicles (not bikes).
smile.gif

Quote:

If you want overpriced, overkill, but darn fine oil, give Maxima a look see. Over the top on the additive packages, no matter which level you choose.

And yes, I use it in my regulation vehicles (not bikes).
And where can we score some of this fine oil? link?
smile.gif

Thanks for the Honda Shadow link. I purchased a Shadow last month and will join the group. I am using Rotella T 15W40 tomorrow for my Yamaha oil change and will use Rotella T 15W40 for the next oil change on my Shadow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back