Old Fuel--Damages and Top End Lubrication a MUST!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gang,

I like watching "Jay Leno's Garage", and saw this, on his Duesenburg Rolling Chassis and old fuel. He stuck the exhaust valve in the guide, of the Duesenburg straight 8 engine. This is what he found and his modifications to prevent it. He says to use ATF in the GAS, as a top-engine lubricant to help lubricate the exhaust valves and guides. I don't agree on the ATF, but, it's better than nothing.

MMO-Marvel Mystery Oil, is the right lubricant for the job. If you don't want to use MMO, I think the new 2-cycle oils would do the job as they are designed to be combusted.

You may not agree on the mods, particularly on a Duesenburg, but watch this clip, from his site. It's good!

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/index.shtml?vidID=126269

patriot.gif
cheers2.gif
stirthepot.gif
driving.gif

Panzerman,

This advice is for pre-75 cars w/o cats. Those are modern cars, with cats, and this won't work if you want to keep emissions legal. Most of these cars have hardened seats and guides to run on unleaded fuels. This is for old stuff like Jay's '29 Duesenburg, or your '65 GTO, Pontiac and Ferrari. Not for your Toyota, Honda or Hyundai.

Gas isn't like it was and it's lube quality is dry. If it's old, it's just that much worse.
cheers2.gif
driving.gif

What are you saying? Are you talking about the engines that need leaded fuel? I run a little racing fuel mixed with unleaded fuel in our Ford 8N. Half and half. It runs so good on a mix like that.

I started using up the snowblower mixed 2 stroke fuel in the cars. Always noticed smoother running, and perceived pep.
Not huge, but consistent. I use some ashless 2 stroke oil added to UCL in my fuel, at 2-3 ounces/10 gal.
I have heard of motorcycle racing teams using regular 50/1 2 stroke oil in their very high revving 4 STROKE road race bikes. It keeps the valves and top end lubed and alive.
As to the cat, I don't see a problem with these diluted mixtures, and the ashless type of 2 stroke oil.

I have been using MMO is my 2002 toyota tundra, every tank, since the first tank. I use 4oz per 10 gallons as MMO says and I have never had any problems with my truck. It helps lube the fuel pump and injecters.

some what related. my 96 sunfire sat since 6/21-7/25 from a car accident with 3/4 tank of gas. when I fired it up, black smoke came out of the exhaust. The car never smokes. I didn't use any fuel additive while it sat. the next day I drove 5 miles and passed emissions testing. I've had another scenario where a car sat for 2-3 months and I didn't add any fuel injector cleaner, but I did buy fresh gas to mix with the old as I will do the 96 sunfire.

Quote:

Yeah but not in our new emission controlled vehicles, seems 2 stroke oil makes Converters turn a pretty neon red right before they melt into a ball.

this is directly from the MMO website. www.marvelmysteroil.com

Can I use MMO with every fill-up?
Yes. In fact many Marvel users who use MMO with every fill-up report significant increases in fuel mileage.

Will MMO cause any damage to oxygen sensors, fuel sensors or catalytic converters?
No. MMO has undergone rigorous testing to ensure the safety of all internal components in your vehicle including highly-sensitive oxygen sensors, fuel sensors and catalytic converters.

Can MMO be use in vehicles with fuel injectors?
Yes. MMO can be used in vehicles with fuel injectors. MMO provides additional lubrication to the injectors and helps prevent the formation of hard carbon deposits on the injectors. Injectors fouled with hard carbon deposits do not perform optimally and reduce mileage and performance.

driving.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah but not in our new emission controlled vehicles, seems 2 stroke oil makes Converters turn a pretty neon red right before they melt into a ball.

this is directly from the MMO website. www.marvelmysteroil.com

Can I use MMO with every fill-up?
Yes. In fact many Marvel users who use MMO with every fill-up report significant increases in fuel mileage.

Will MMO cause any damage to oxygen sensors, fuel sensors or catalytic converters?
No. MMO has undergone rigorous testing to ensure the safety of all internal components in your vehicle including highly-sensitive oxygen sensors, fuel sensors and catalytic converters.

Can MMO be use in vehicles with fuel injectors?
Yes. MMO can be used in vehicles with fuel injectors. MMO provides additional lubrication to the injectors and helps prevent the formation of hard carbon deposits on the injectors. Injectors fouled with hard carbon deposits do not perform optimally and reduce mileage and performance.

driving.gif

sorry typo. the correct website is www.marvelmysteryoil.com
coffeetime.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back