Lubro-Moly line now at NAPA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe old news for some, but....
I got pulled over today on the way to work. Officer asks for license and registration, checks me out, does the usual "You know why I pulled you over?" .
"No I sure don't Sir."
"You have a brake light not working."
My first thought is ... Terrorists, crack dealers, bank robberies, and I'm getting pulled over for a bulb?
"I'm sorry Sir, I really didn't know. You just checked in on me in your car Sir, and I know that you know I have a clean record. There is a NAPA about 4 blocks up. How about if you follow me there, I'll get a taillight, and replace it right there?"
I guess that sounded good enough for him, cause he followed me to NAPA, where I bought a bulb, AND found that they are now carrying a good assortment of Lubro-Moly products. Full syn 5-30 was a remarkable 11.99 a liter, gear lubes were way higher at 19.plus a liter, and power steering fluid was incredible at 15.49 a half liter. I did pick up some MO2S additive, just for grins, at 5.99 for a 10 oz can. Sometimes it's hard, but ya gotta keep looking for that silver lining... finding a wildly expensive import lube from a traffic stop... it was a good night.
smirk.gif

Quote:

Full syn 5-30 was a remarkable 11.99 a liter, gear lubes were way higher at 19.plus a liter, and power steering fluid was incredible at 15.49 a half liter. I did pick up some MO2S additive, just for grins, at 5.99 for a 10 oz can

Wow, those are some high prices. I guess they don't plan on selling a lot of LM products.

Quote:

I'll be looking for it in MN. Alot of NAPA's around here.

I looked here in MN. for it at the NAPA stores and they look at me and say "What's it called?" None found.
pat2.gif

Lubro Moly is readily available across the country through most local indpendent repair shops. If you need help finding a shop, post your zip. No I do not work for Lubro Moly.

I asked a NAPA employee about it and he said they knew nothing about it, except that it's expensive and they sell a lot of power steering fluid to BMW owners. He said that they think it's good oil, but don't know why.

NAPA Auto Parts are franchises. Inventory will vary from franchise to franchise(s).

My local NAPA is actually King Auto Supply with three satellite stores. I'm sure they will order LM or Amsoil if asked.

Bowser

Kiefer, Amsoil isn't carried at my local NAPAs. You can check other stores stock and pull from their inventories though, right?

Amsoil at my NAPA in DeKalb, IL. No Lubromoly, Motul, Elf or GC. Darn. BTW, can I find GC anywhere on the web? Links would be great. Thanks!

Quote:

Amsoil at my NAPA in DeKalb, IL. No Lubromoly, Motul, Elf or GC. Darn. BTW, can I find GC anywhere on the web? Links would be great. Thanks!

Look in the FS section of the site. There may be a guy sitting on a bunch of GC. Same guy may be taking his travel trailer to Springfield for service in about a week, and could tote the GC with him. (cough-cough).

My Advanced Auto was selling the new 5W-30 Hi-Tech Lubro Moly which is BMW LL-01, and API SM rated for $21.95 per 5-Liter Jug.

I picked up two for $44 plus tax. that's $4.4 per Liter (liter being slightly more than a quart..I think each liter is = 1.2 quarts).......

Here's the link for the new spec 5W-30 Lubro Moly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back