Philipps 66 - Trop Artic Synthetic Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

feedtroll.gif

Too late
smirk.gif

Yes, please do not speak of the A.... word. It will bring out every White Knight/Salesman/Rep/I make no money from them/I have used it for 20 years/Support the board subscriber we have.

Sorry I am off topic, I don't seem to be able to help myself regarding the subject of the A... word.

twocents.gif

I used the regular (blue bottle) Mobil 5w30 for years then switched to Citgo SuperGard 5w30 for a while. When this became more expensive I started using Trop Artic Synblend and my 95 Chevy pick-up with 4.3V6 almost would consume almost no oil between changes (3000 miles)

When I first started using TA syn blend it was $1.12 per quart now it is $1.68 and I purchase this at Wal-Mart. We have 2 Chevy's with 4.3 V-6's One is an 03 Blazer and the other is the 95 1/2 ton pick-up. I really like Trop Artic Syn Blend Oil

"Tech claimed they have around 40% synthetic."

I have no reason to believe this %, but at 20% I'll take it no questions asked. Yea, the GT-1 and MC are Conaco and add packs may be different, but they show up in some good places.

Heck, everyday price is $0.04 more than SuperTech plain dino !

I've been doing GTX for $1 for 20 year, where is my HEAD at ? Oh yea, 20W50....

Putting aside sales/rebates which are better but a hassle....TropArtic seems to be the real deal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back