Remember When

Status
Not open for further replies.
a few of us were posting about GC's mysterious lack of restocking in many AZ's. Some were saying we were crying chicken little.

Well, after 7 months and more, no Autozone I have seen GC in has restocked it (about 7 of the 12 I have been to). Granted, I don't know the normal restocking life cycle, but for the GC shelves to remain empty this long speaks for itself.
hornets_nest.gif

Let's hope something better comes along.

Then again, I have yet to do a UOA on GC, but it will be mailed in shortly, along with a UOA on GC and Ceratec

Last edited:
All AZ stores are done with GC. The reason some still have it on their shelves is becouse their warehouse hasn't exhausted their stock yet. The warehouse that stocks all the piedmont and western N.C. AZ stores is out and they say no more will be stocked. It just didn't sell worth a hoot. When you can go in an AZ and find MO3,MO4 still on the shelf it is obvious it isn't selling.

In a local AZ the manager told me they stopped stocking it because the price was marked incorrectly, too high, and they were never able to get the computer corrected, that it should have been the same price as all the other Syntec's because it was the same stuff. He told me I should not use it because it is too thin for Southern California. He said he always told people not to buy it because it was too thin and too expensive. I think the only way for GC to have been a success at stores like AZ would be to give it a different name and label and to advertise it. What they did was to hide it on the shelf and make it look like a bad choice among all the other Syntec's.

You may be correct. I went in alot of stores and played as if I didn't know a thing about GC. Every manager tried to steer me away from the 0W30. One even said that unless my car was a M-Benz the 0W30 was too thin at startup.
If Castrol would have marketed it differently than the other Syntecs I think it would have done better in sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back