Diesel racing oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I've tried searching this website before asking this question, in case anyone gets upset, I'm wondering if anyones heard of a diesel race specific oil, I have a MK3 TDI which I've done quite abit of modification too, and I'm a little concerned about keeping my rod bearings intact
smile.gif

I've tried searching the web to see what kind of oil the Audi R10 TDI would take, and there doesn't seem to be any information available(big surprise there) Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

welcome.gif

You could try a full synthetic based HDEO. They should work well in your particular application, as I don't think extending the OCI is on your mind, but the maximum protection possible.

Redline, Amsoil, and Motul comes to mind as being ranked as the best of the best.
cheers.gif

Oops, now how could I forget my new "pet" oil of Maxima right now?!?
pat2.gif

Yep, add those to the list, in fact, I have their petroleum based 10w40 in my Dodge Ram diesel right now.

I run XD3 in my other diesel and agreed its a wonderful oil, I just think for my application I need something more shear resistant than the esso product.

What arot of oil are people running in the heavily modified Cummins engines??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back