Castrol Tection in a 5.7 HEMI ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 40 qts.of Castrol Tection Diesel 15w40 basically for free after rebates from Pep Boys.I have a Dodge Hemi that I bought new that now has 52,000 miles on it. I have pampered it from day one.No towing,OCI's at 5k on the nose-currently running Penn.Platinum 10W30. I live near Austin Texas where we MIGHT have 3 or 4 days a year below 20 degrees. Summers mostly in the high 90's. This vehicle will be driven less than 10K miles annualy. Not too much stop and go anymore. Do you think that this 15w40 diesel bulk oil is too thick or in any way not suitable for this motor? Should I come up with a home brew to reduce viscosity? I sure would like to use this free oil for a few years but the flip side is that I have enough of it to lube my yard equipment for the next 13 YEARS

I'd use it without hesitation in your HEMI. Your gas mileage may take a small hit, but the loss will probably be statistically insignificant.

I think it'd be fine as well. Lol, it sheared a bit in my SAAB...but that's b/c I put it in a saab....
grin.gif

Tection was the first oil I stashed almost two years ago. I still have a few gallons.
blush.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back