Looking at Kumho Solus KH16

Status
Not open for further replies.
For our daughters 02 Alero.

I've never been much for oversea tires but have to admit one thing. Got this same tire on our Kia. FWIW on this car they do a fairly good job, overall.

The Alero came with BF Goodrich Traction TAs. Got almost 65K miles on them but it's now about time they go or the car goes too.

Been reading thru some old posts on the Kumhos. Got a lot of mixed comments, which isn't a surprise.

Any way, anyone got these on a compact &/or mid sized car? Got an old Corolla that I might swing a set on too.

For a Corolla, you don't get too many choices and IMO for the $ Kumho Solus is the best, when everything else with AA traction and H speed rating is $20 (50% before shipping and installation) more ea. No brainer.

For a larger size, like for Alero, if the price delta is not that high, I would go for something better like BF Goodrich Traction T/A H or Yoko Avid H4s.

My dad is happy with it so far on his Taurus.

I have the Solus KH16's on my wife's 03 Accord Sedan. They are very quiet, and they seem to be wearing above average. They have 16K miles on them and they look like they haven't yet hit their 1/2 life. They aren't high performance by any means, but they work great on our everyday driver.

I have had this tire on our '01 Volvo S40 for about 5000 miles and no complaints so far. As said by others, great value. I think it was $270 installed.

We have these tires on our 03 Accord (4 cyl.). Have put about 13,000 miles on them, 2/3 highway driving. We keep them inflated at 40 PSI. They have performed well for us, and they have only worn 1 or 2 2/32 from new(measured at 9/32 a month ago). We've been favorably impressed, they perform like tires costing much more.

Isn't the KH21 replacing them? I got these for about the same price but don't have the KH16 to compare.

For what you get, you can't beat the price! Kumho's plus the Harbor Freight tire changer in my garage makes for cheap tire replacement. I put new tires on my girlfriend's ZX2 for $160. I didn't bother balancing them, and they're okay for her old car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back