Lucas UCL vs. Soy Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently use Lucas UCL with every fill up. How does Lucas UCL compare to Soy Ultra? Is Soy Ultra an additive that is ok or even recommended with every fill up?

Soyultra is not recommended for every fill-up.
Two different products. Do a search for more info on either.

yes to both.
Soyultra is a better design for gas.
Neutra is more versatile.
I keep neutra on hand for customers and give-aways, so it makes it easy for me to use in all my gassers.

I wanted to purchase both prodcts, however It would be something like 100 shipping..
And for ONE bottle off of ebay
this is how it works out
Product...5.66
Shipping.+64.90

offtopic.gif
If anyone has neutra and could send me a bottle or two, I would happily mail you some money in an envelope (canadian) and pay for all costs

Hi, Lonnie.
Just a shot in the dark, but you could probably do the same as you do with other currency. You buy stuff with it. Another idea would be to send some USD in an envelope.

Best to buy a case when having something shipped.....otherwise shipping costs are too high.
Check out the shipping costs to buy 1 oil filter online.....but add some more stuff....yes the shipping costs go up....but not at the rate that the stuff you add does.
You can also go together with someone...and order stuff for both of your cars together.

Not to have a misunderstanding. With shipping costs so high to CANADA, A small order of a few bottles makes it cost prohibitive. A 55 gal drum of oil for instance cost $250 to ship.

Quote:

Soyultra is not recommended for every fill-up.
Two different products. Do a search for more info on either.

Well, I searched and found there is a recommendation from Schaeffers for a cleanup dose which works out to approx one 12 oz bottle for about 18.75 gallons of gasoline. This was calculated based on their tech sheet which says 1 gallon or 128oz. added to 200 gallons of gas(for a cleanup dose). When the case of bottles arrived today, I read on the 12 oz bottle itself that the whole 12 oz. bottle treats 15 gal of gas for cleanup, so that is close but not exactly the same as what the pdf/tech sheet says.

Then the tech sheet says for Keep Clean Performance to add 128 oz (one gallon) to 2000 gallons of gas. This works out to 1 oz treats about 15.6 gallons. Then the label says for Keep Clean Performance, to use the 12 oz in the bottle per 1000 miles driven. So with my truck at 22mpg, I'll use about 45 gallons of fuel, so I'll need about 4 oz. per 15 gallons of gas for the maintenance dose, according to the bottle.

So that leaves me to experiment with the maintenance dose to optimize fuel economy and other benefits. It appears that, according to Schaeffers recommendations, that somewhere between 1 and 4 oz will be optimal in the engine. I will post results if I come to any useful conclusions on a good maintenance dose. I'm sort of hoping that 2 oz per 15 gal will be ideal since I will be using some old Amsoil PI bottles and FP bottles to measure out the doses at the gas pump each time. These old bottle types are both marked in 2 oz increments. BTW, the type of plastic marked on the bottom of the SoyUltra bottles is a "3", so I'm hoping the the other bottles will hold up with this soy stuff in them.

Anyone who is doing something similar or has something to add or correct me on, please chime in...

BTW, I just recently began using the Lucas UCL in this same truck for the last several tanks. I caught a sale at O'Reilly's and picked up some of their "one shot" type 5.25 oz bottles with the intention to reuse the bottles for dosing with some other adds like Neutra in some diesel p/u truck apps. I've never been a big Lucas fan, but have to say that the UCL made my truck run better/smoother. Has totally quit pinging on the cheaper 87 octane gas, which is something it never did on FP3000, although FP3000 works well, too, and almost stopped the pinging. Maybe a slightly higher dose would have worked, I can't tell yet since I did not try a larger dose than recommended by LC

One other observation with the Lucas UCL in the tank: the bottle says it treats up to 25 gallons. I put in the whole 5.25 oz bottle each time I fill up with 15 gallons. The engine runs really good at this dose level, but the exhaust seems to really have a strong odor (as in higher HC emissions) since I began doing this. Maybe a smaller dose is in order for each fill up. I'll start with a 4oz dose next tank and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back